Remote Desktop for Training?

I have some users that are approximately 200 miles from my location. I would
like to be able to be able to train them remotely as we deploy new
applications. I've thought about using RD seeing as we all have XP Pro.
However, it locks the console on the remote computer. I need something that
allows me to take control of their PC, but where they can also see and
hopefully interact with their desktop.

If RD isn't up to the task, can anyone recommend another inexpensive (free)
solution?

Thanks,

Shon

If both you and the remote user are running XP Pro or XP Home then Remote Assistance may work for
you. Its built-in to the OS...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/focuson/remoteassist.asp

Otherwise UltraVNC may be an option. Get the server, client and encryption plug-in from...

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
http://home.comcast.net/%7Emsrc4plugin/

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Sbarrier" <sbarrier@triad.rr.com> wrote in message news:uHsLMfhTEHA.2336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I have some users that are approximately 200 miles from my location. I would
> like to be able to be able to train them remotely as we deploy new
> applications. I've thought about using RD seeing as we all have XP Pro.
> However, it locks the console on the remote computer. I need something that
> allows me to take control of their PC, but where they can also see and
> hopefully interact with their desktop.
>
> If RD isn't up to the task, can anyone recommend another inexpensive (free)
> solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shon

---