Computer memory requirement for large CF card?

I just purchased a new digital camera and would like to also purchase a
larger compact flash card, specifically a 2GB card.

I currently have an iMac (700MHz PowerPC G4) with 256 mb of memory running
OSX 10.2.8. Is there a minimum memory requirement to use the larger
capacity compact flash card? I am currently using a 256mb compact flash
card in my camera.

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about computer memory requirement large card

    "Bruce and Sherryl" <knoebel@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message news:BE34C2BF.FD97%knoebel@rochester.rr.com...
    > I just purchased a new digital camera and would like to also purchase a
    > larger compact flash card, specifically a 2GB card.
    >
    > I currently have an iMac (700MHz PowerPC G4) with 256 mb of memory running
    > OSX 10.2.8. Is there a minimum memory requirement to use the larger
    > capacity compact flash card? I am currently using a 256mb compact flash
    > card in my camera.

    No. The two (CF size and system memory size) are unrelated.
    But you'll need (obviously) an equal amount of >hard disk space<
    to copy a full CF card.

    the only requirement is that your camera has the capacity to format
    and use the larger card. read the camera manual to verify the largest
    memory card capacity the camera is capable of using. even if the
    camera is capable of using a 2gb card, it may be worth considering
    buying two 1gb cards. if you lose or break one, you still have the
    other. and it takes almost no time to switch the cards when one gets
    full.

    Bruce and Sherryl <knoebel@rochester.rr.com> wrote:
    >I just purchased a new digital camera and would like to also purchase a
    >larger compact flash card, specifically a 2GB card.
    >
    >I currently have an iMac (700MHz PowerPC G4) with 256 mb of memory running
    >OSX 10.2.8. Is there a minimum memory requirement to use the larger
    >capacity compact flash card? I am currently using a 256mb compact flash
    >card in my camera.
    >
    >Thanks.

Cameras Compact Flash Memory Peripherals