Home networking unstable

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

Hello there everyone,
I was wondering if someone could give an explanation to this: I have a home
wireless connection at home with two computer in network. This works with a
Belkin wireless router. The internet connection is always ok, but the two
computer for some reason cannot see each other all the time. Sometimes
they're in network but all of a sudden....they're off.
Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?? I use XP Pro on one and XP
home on the other one both with SP1.
Thanks in advance for any suggestion
Max

Hi max,
This could be caused by any firewall application. So what you could do
check the IP address of both the machines and ping each other.
If you get replies then try to access the other machine by going to
Start>Run>then type in \\ip address of the other machine. If you get the
Windows Explorer with the shared resources of the other machine then this
shows theres no problem with the network at all.
If you dont get replies then sure some application is blocking.

Make sure the WindowsXP Firewall is disabled while trying the above steps as
it won't allow you to ping the machines.