reboot command for remote machine

If I have missed this answer, sorry. I use RDC to install
software on workstations in our network. Does anyone know
how to reboot the remote machine. I tried to add the
shutdown button in statup but its not available,ctrl-alt
delete brings up the local window with shutdown button

When you click on the remote machine's start button do
you see an ICON that says WINDOWS SECURITY. If so click
it. It emulates pressing the CTRL-ALT-DELETE keys on the
remote machine.

You can do a <Ctrl><Alt><End> and bring up the remote Task Manager. Then select the "Shutdown" menu
at the top of the Task Manager window and select the desired action. You can also use the "tsshutdn"
or "shutdown" commands from the command line. Open "Help and Support" and search on each for the
proper syntax.

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"samk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I have missed this answer, sorry. I use RDC to install
> software on workstations in our network. Does anyone know
> how to reboot the remote machine. I tried to add the
> shutdown button in statup but its not available,ctrl-alt
> delete brings up the local window with shutdown button

---

I haven't seen that Icon on the start menu of any RDC connection
I have made.
Do you know how to enable it?

"don Carriere" wrote:

> When you click on the remote machine's start button do
> you see an ICON that says WINDOWS SECURITY. If so click
> it. It emulates pressing the CTRL-ALT-DELETE keys on the
> remote machine.

It doesn't always appear.. Try CTRL-ALT-END - this does the same
thing as Ctrl-Alt-Del in a Remote Desktop session.

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com