Steam taking forever updating ?

Its been trying to update for the last 2 days now. Anyone esle having this
problem ?
6 answers Last reply
More about steam taking forever updating

    Updated in 29 seconds.

    Preloaded Day of Defeat in 4 mins 23.7 seconds @ 4mbps.

    "lone" <neogeo@matrix.net> wrote in message news:YPJWe.55$9a2.38@trnddc04...
    > Its been trying to update for the last 2 days now. Anyone esle having this
    > problem ?

    Nope, took about 45 seconds... Do ya have a firewall????

    --

    My luck is so bad that if I bought a
    cemetery, people would stop dying. -

    Yeah, i have the free zone alarm software. So that could be it then ?

    lone wrote:
    > Its been trying to update for the last 2 days now. Anyone esle having this
    > problem ?

    Is that Steam trying to update itself not a game? If so I've had a
    similar problem where it justs seems to stop and do nothing. Checking my
    network traffic it became apparent that nothing is being downloaded.
    Close down Steam and start it again and it 'kicks' itself back into life
    - works for me.

    JAB wrote:

    >>> Is that Steam trying to update itself not a game? If so I've had a
    >>> similar problem where it justs seems to stop and do nothing. Checking
    >>> my network traffic it became apparent that nothing is being
    >>> downloaded. Close down Steam and start it again and it 'kicks' itself
    >>> back into life - works for me.
    >>

    > I use ZoneAlarm as weel, I can't say I've seen any problems like that.

    I used to use ZA, I eventually ditched it after it frequently started
    causing problems with various online apps including Steam and C&C
    Generals. I'm now running Sygate instead :)

    --
    Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

    Ben Cottrell wrote:
    > I used to use ZA, I eventually ditched it after it frequently started
    > causing problems with various online apps including Steam and C&C
    > Generals. I'm now running Sygate instead :)

    I use ZA, because my nortan started playing up. It does the job, apart from
    i have to close it when playing online, as i get lag spikes now and again
    from it (guess it doesn't do it's job lol).

Games Steam Video Games