Steam taking forever updating ?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 17, 2005 4:55:20 AM

Its been trying to update for the last 2 days now. Anyone esle having this
problem ?

More about : steam taking forever updating

Anonymous
September 17, 2005 4:55:21 AM

Updated in 29 seconds.

Preloaded Day of Defeat in 4 mins 23.7 seconds @ 4mbps.

"lone" <neogeo@matrix.net> wrote in message news:YPJWe.55$9a2.38@trnddc04...
> Its been trying to update for the last 2 days now. Anyone esle having this
> problem ?

Anonymous
September 17, 2005 5:25:33 AM

Nope, took about 45 seconds... Do ya have a firewall????

--

My luck is so bad that if I bought a
cemetery, people would stop dying. -

Yeah, i have the free zone alarm software. So that could be it then ?
"Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Nope, took about 45 seconds... Do ya have a firewall????
>
> On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 00:55:20 GMT, "lone" <neogeo@matrix.net> wrote:
>
>>Its been trying to update for the last 2 days now. Anyone esle having this
>>problem ?
>>

> --
>
> My luck is so bad that if I bought a
> cemetery, people would stop dying. -

September 17, 2005 11:12:09 AM

lone wrote:
> Its been trying to update for the last 2 days now. Anyone esle having this
> problem ?

Is that Steam trying to update itself not a game? If so I've had a
similar problem where it justs seems to stop and do nothing. Checking my
network traffic it became apparent that nothing is being downloaded.
Close down Steam and start it again and it 'kicks' itself back into life
- works for me.
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 5:00:51 PM

JAB wrote:

>>> Is that Steam trying to update itself not a game? If so I've had a
>>> similar problem where it justs seems to stop and do nothing. Checking
>>> my network traffic it became apparent that nothing is being
>>> downloaded. Close down Steam and start it again and it 'kicks' itself
>>> back into life - works for me.
>>

> I use ZoneAlarm as weel, I can't say I've seen any problems like that.

I used to use ZA, I eventually ditched it after it frequently started
causing problems with various online apps including Steam and C&C
Generals. I'm now running Sygate instead :)

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench
September 18, 2005 5:15:36 PM

Ben Cottrell wrote:
> I used to use ZA, I eventually ditched it after it frequently started
> causing problems with various online apps including Steam and C&C
> Generals. I'm now running Sygate instead :)

I use ZA, because my nortan started playing up. It does the job, apart from
i have to close it when playing online, as i get lag spikes now and again
from it (guess it doesn't do it's job lol).
!