Ulead DVD MovieFactory

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I have an avi file that I am trying to convert to create a DVD disk with
using Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3.

When I click on Create Video Disc, select DVD, add media and selct the avi
file, I get the message [c:\downloads\file.avi] is not accessible. I have
tried creating a DVD, VCD, SVCD, and DVD-VR and get the same error message.

Can someone tell me how to resolve this. What I would like to do is either
convert it to a DVD or VCD format that I can play in my DVD player. Details
of the file are below.

Thank you.

Anna

File Format - Microsoft AVI files --OpenDML
File Size 716,908 KBytes
Frame rate 23.976 Frames/sec
Duration 4767.434 Seconds
Data rate 148.82 kbps

Video

Compression - Not Accessible
Attributes 24 Bits, 576x304
Total Frames 114,304 Frames(s)

Audio

Compression - MPEG Layer 3
Attributes - 141 kbits/s, 48,000 Hz Stereo
Total samples 228,834,432 Sampels
20 answers Last reply
More about ulead moviefactory
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    Does Movie Factory handle AVI files? I know it handles MPG files - not
    sure about AVI.

    Anna wrote:
    > I have an avi file that I am trying to convert to create a DVD disk with
    > using Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3.
    >
    > When I click on Create Video Disc, select DVD, add media and selct the avi
    > file, I get the message [c:\downloads\file.avi] is not accessible. I have
    > tried creating a DVD, VCD, SVCD, and DVD-VR and get the same error
    message.

    > Can someone tell me how to resolve this. What I would like to do is
    either
    > convert it to a DVD or VCD format that I can play in my DVD player.
    Details
    > of the file are below.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Anna
    >
    > File Format - Microsoft AVI files --OpenDML
    > File Size 716,908 KBytes
    > Frame rate 23.976 Frames/sec
    > Duration 4767.434 Seconds
    > Data rate 148.82 kbps
    >
    > Video
    >
    > Compression - Not Accessible
    > Attributes 24 Bits, 576x304
    > Total Frames 114,304 Frames(s)
    >
    > Audio
    >
    > Compression - MPEG Layer 3
    > Attributes - 141 kbits/s, 48,000 Hz Stereo
    > Total samples 228,834,432 Sampels
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    Moviefactory 3 does not support import of avi files.

    "Bill in Co." <surly9ccurmudgeon@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Does Movie Factory handle AVI files? I know it handles MPG files - not
    > sure about AVI.
    >
    > Anna wrote:
    >> I have an avi file that I am trying to convert to create a DVD disk with
    >> using Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3.
    >>
    >> When I click on Create Video Disc, select DVD, add media and selct the
    >> avi
    >> file, I get the message [c:\downloads\file.avi] is not accessible. I
    >> have
    >> tried creating a DVD, VCD, SVCD, and DVD-VR and get the same error
    > message.
    >>
    >> Can someone tell me how to resolve this. What I would like to do is
    > either
    >> convert it to a DVD or VCD format that I can play in my DVD player.
    > Details
    >> of the file are below.
    >>
    >> Thank you.
    >>
    >> Anna
    >>
    >> File Format - Microsoft AVI files --OpenDML
    >> File Size 716,908 KBytes
    >> Frame rate 23.976 Frames/sec
    >> Duration 4767.434 Seconds
    >> Data rate 148.82 kbps
    >>
    >> Video
    >>
    >> Compression - Not Accessible
    >> Attributes 24 Bits, 576x304
    >> Total Frames 114,304 Frames(s)
    >>
    >> Audio
    >>
    >> Compression - MPEG Layer 3
    >> Attributes - 141 kbits/s, 48,000 Hz Stereo
    >> Total samples 228,834,432 Sampels

  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    Thank you.

    What would you suggest I use so that I can convert this avi file to a format
    I can watch on my DVD player?

    "luminos" <logos1@trip.net> wrote in message
    > Moviefactory 3 does not support import of avi files.
    >
    > "Bill in Co." <surly9ccurmudgeon@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> Does Movie Factory handle AVI files? I know it handles MPG files -
    >> not
    >> sure about AVI.
    >>
    >> Anna wrote:
    >>> I have an avi file that I am trying to convert to create a DVD disk with
    >>> using Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3.
    >>>
    >>> When I click on Create Video Disc, select DVD, add media and selct the
    >>> avi
    >>> file, I get the message [c:\downloads\file.avi] is not accessible. I
    >>> have
    >>> tried creating a DVD, VCD, SVCD, and DVD-VR and get the same error
    >> message.
    >>>
    >>> Can someone tell me how to resolve this. What I would like to do is
    >> either
    >>> convert it to a DVD or VCD format that I can play in my DVD player.
    >> Details
    >>> of the file are below.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you.
    >>>
    >>> Anna
    >>>
    >>> File Format - Microsoft AVI files --OpenDML
    >>> File Size 716,908 KBytes
    >>> Frame rate 23.976 Frames/sec
    >>> Duration 4767.434 Seconds
    >>> Data rate 148.82 kbps
    >>>
    >>> Video
    >>>
    >>> Compression - Not Accessible
    >>> Attributes 24 Bits, 576x304
    >>> Total Frames 114,304 Frames(s)
    >>>
    >>> Audio
    >>>
    >>> Compression - MPEG Layer 3
    >>> Attributes - 141 kbits/s, 48,000 Hz Stereo
    >>> Total samples 228,834,432 Sampels

  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    http://dvd-hq.info/Compression.html

    Have LOTS of computer time available....like 8 hours to 1 hour of source.

    "Anna" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:Cq3ad.59267$a41.51032@pd7tw2no...
    > Thank you.
    >
    > What would you suggest I use so that I can convert this avi file to a
    > format I can watch on my DVD player?
    >

    > "luminos" <logos1@trip.net> wrote in message
    >> Moviefactory 3 does not support import of avi files.
    >>
    >> "Bill in Co." <surly9ccurmudgeon@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >>> Does Movie Factory handle AVI files? I know it handles MPG files -
    >>> not
    >>> sure about AVI.

    >>> message.

    >>> either
    >>> Details

  5. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    Sorry, but that sounds whacked. MovieFactory 2 supports it, so it makes no
    sense to me that 3 does not. Is this a special edition perhaps, not the
    full version?

    --
    I am 3 of 10. Prepare to be assimilated.
    "Anna" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:Cq3ad.59267$a41.51032@pd7tw2no...
    > Thank you.
    >
    > What would you suggest I use so that I can convert this avi file to a
    > format I can watch on my DVD player?
    >

    > "luminos" <logos1@trip.net> wrote in message
    >> Moviefactory 3 does not support import of avi files.
    >>
    >> "Bill in Co." <surly9ccurmudgeon@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >>> Does Movie Factory handle AVI files? I know it handles MPG files -
    >>> not
    >>> sure about AVI.

    >>> message.

    >>> either
    >>> Details

  6. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    FYI

    http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/11/2/5/11-2-5-54.shtml
  7. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    In fact, the web site says it does as well:

    http://www.ulead.com/dmf/sysreq.htm

    --
    "Commentator" <commentator@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Sorry, but that sounds whacked. MovieFactory 2 supports it, so it makes
    > no sense to me that 3 does not. Is this a special edition perhaps, not
    > the full version?
    >
    > --
    > I am 3 of 10. Prepare to be assimilated.
    > "Anna" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
    >> Thank you.
    >>
    >> What would you suggest I use so that I can convert this avi file to a
    >> format I can watch on my DVD player?
    >>

    >> "luminos" <logos1@trip.net> wrote in message
    >>> Moviefactory 3 does not support import of avi files.
    >>>
    >>> "Bill in Co." <surly9ccurmudgeon@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    The .AVI file was possibly encrypted with a codec you do not have
    on your computer, such as, DivX, XviD, or such. On my computer if
    it tries to import one of those files it just locks up, and you have
    too get to Task Manager to extricate yourself. Getting the correct
    CODEC will correct the problem, if that in fact is the problem

    Jim

    On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 01:49:40 -0400, "Commentator"
    <commentator@nospam.com> wrote:

    >In fact, the web site says it does as well:
    >
    >http://www.ulead.com/dmf/sysreq.htm
  9. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    Anna wrote:
    > I have an avi file that I am trying to convert to create a
    > DVD disk with using Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3.
    >
    > When I click on Create Video Disc, select DVD, add media and
    > selct the avi file, I get the message [c:\downloads\file.avi]
    > is not accessible. I have tried creating a DVD, VCD, SVCD,
    > and DVD-VR and get the same error message.
    >
    > Can someone tell me how to resolve this. What I would like
    > to do is either convert it to a DVD or VCD format that I can
    > play in my DVD player. Details of the file are below.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Anna
    >
    > File Format - Microsoft AVI files --OpenDML
    > File Size 716,908 KBytes
    > Frame rate 23.976 Frames/sec
    > Duration 4767.434 Seconds
    > Data rate 148.82 kbps
    >
    > Video
    >
    > Compression - Not Accessible

    While it's a tad cryptic, this might be a clue?
    Look for AVICodec or GSpot. Either program will inform you of the
    codec used to encode the video portion of the AVI file and whether the
    decoder is installed on your system. GSpot will also attempt to
    render with DirectShow and provide you with feedback regarding play
    status.

    > Attributes 24 Bits, 576x304
    > Total Frames 114,304 Frames(s)
    >
    > Audio
    >
    > Compression - MPEG Layer 3
    > Attributes - 141 kbits/s, 48,000 Hz Stereo
    > Total samples 228,834,432 Sampels
  10. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    I had the same trouble with this program.I downloaded "Video converter"
    which is shareware and converted to mpeg, and then used the U-lead to make
    the dvd.
    Good luck.

    --
    davru66@here_too.net.au,
    Replace here_too with bigpond

    On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 04:47:45 -0500, Jim <wdxp@cox.net> wrote:

    >The .AVI file was possibly encrypted with a codec you do not have
    >on your computer

    Most likely. It could be a good idea to use GSpot in order to find out
    the required codec -then download and install it.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    Last night I was able to download a good codec that enabled the audo/video.

    When I try Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3, I still get the same error. I did try
    converting it to an mpg, but after 4 hours it was only a third done and I
    was running out of hard drive space.

    I may try and convert it on my desktop pc that has some better "horsepower"
    compared to my laptop. Other then that, it's to bad that the Ulead couldn't
    do the job.

    "Billy Joe" <see.sig@invalid.org> wrote in message
    > Anna wrote:
    >> I have an avi file that I am trying to convert to create a
    >> DVD disk with using Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3.
    >>
    >> When I click on Create Video Disc, select DVD, add media and
    >> selct the avi file, I get the message [c:\downloads\file.avi]
    >> is not accessible. I have tried creating a DVD, VCD, SVCD,
    >> and DVD-VR and get the same error message.
    >>
    >> Can someone tell me how to resolve this. What I would like
    >> to do is either convert it to a DVD or VCD format that I can
    >> play in my DVD player. Details of the file are below.
    >>
    >> Thank you.
    >>
    >> Anna
    >>
    >> File Format - Microsoft AVI files --OpenDML
    >> File Size 716,908 KBytes
    >> Frame rate 23.976 Frames/sec
    >> Duration 4767.434 Seconds
    >> Data rate 148.82 kbps
    >>
    >> Video
    >>
    >> Compression - Not Accessible
    >
    > While it's a tad cryptic, this might be a clue?
    > Look for AVICodec or GSpot. Either program will inform you of the
    > codec used to encode the video portion of the AVI file and whether the
    > decoder is installed on your system. GSpot will also attempt to
    > render with DirectShow and provide you with feedback regarding play
    > status.
    >
    >> Attributes 24 Bits, 576x304
    >> Total Frames 114,304 Frames(s)
    >>
    >> Audio
    >>
    >> Compression - MPEG Layer 3
    >> Attributes - 141 kbits/s, 48,000 Hz Stereo
    >> Total samples 228,834,432 Sampels

  13. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    Don't blame ULead for this one. Funky AVIs using funky codecs are not their
    fault.

    --
    > Last night I was able to download a good codec that enabled the
    > audo/video.
    >
    > When I try Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3, I still get the same error. I did
    > try converting it to an mpg, but after 4 hours it was only a third done
    > and I was running out of hard drive space.
    >
    > I may try and convert it on my desktop pc that has some better
    > "horsepower" compared to my laptop. Other then that, it's to bad that the
    > Ulead couldn't do the job.
    >

    > "Billy Joe" <see.sig@invalid.org> wrote in message
    >> Anna wrote:
    >>> I have an avi file that I am trying to convert to create a
    >>> DVD disk with using Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3.
    >>>
    >>> When I click on Create Video Disc, select DVD, add media and
    >>> selct the avi file, I get the message [c:\downloads\file.avi]
    >>> is not accessible. I have tried creating a DVD, VCD, SVCD,
    >>> and DVD-VR and get the same error message.
    >>>
    >>> Can someone tell me how to resolve this. What I would like
    >>> to do is either convert it to a DVD or VCD format that I can
    >>> play in my DVD player. Details of the file are below.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you.
    >>>
    >>> Anna
    >>>
    >>> File Format - Microsoft AVI files --OpenDML
    >>> File Size 716,908 KBytes
    >>> Frame rate 23.976 Frames/sec
    >>> Duration 4767.434 Seconds
    >>> Data rate 148.82 kbps
    >>>
    >>> Video
    >>>
    >>> Compression - Not Accessible
    >>
    >> While it's a tad cryptic, this might be a clue?
    >> Look for AVICodec or GSpot. Either program will inform you of the
    >> codec used to encode the video portion of the AVI file and whether the
    >> decoder is installed on your system. GSpot will also attempt to
    >> render with DirectShow and provide you with feedback regarding play
    >> status.
    >>
    >>> Attributes 24 Bits, 576x304
    >>> Total Frames 114,304 Frames(s)
    >>>
    >>> Audio
    >>>
    >>> Compression - MPEG Layer 3
    >>> Attributes - 141 kbits/s, 48,000 Hz Stereo
    >>> Total samples 228,834,432 Sampels

  14. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    Actually, I don't lay any blame, I'm only trying to find the easiest
    solution to convert this to a DVD.

    I'm in the process of converting it right now with another application,
    we'll see how that goes in a few hours.

    > Don't blame ULead for this one. Funky AVIs using funky codecs are not
    > their fault.
    >

    > --
    > I am 3 of 10. Prepare to be assimilated.
    > "Anna" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
    >> Last night I was able to download a good codec that enabled the
    >> audo/video.
    >>
    >> When I try Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3, I still get the same error. I did
    >> try converting it to an mpg, but after 4 hours it was only a third done
    >> and I was running out of hard drive space.
    >>
    >> I may try and convert it on my desktop pc that has some better
    >> "horsepower" compared to my laptop. Other then that, it's to bad that
    >> the Ulead couldn't do the job.
    >>

    >> "Billy Joe" <see.sig@invalid.org> wrote in message

    >>> While it's a tad cryptic, this might be a clue?
    >>> Look for AVICodec or GSpot. Either program will inform you of the
    >>> codec used to encode the video portion of the AVI file and whether the
    >>> decoder is installed on your system. GSpot will also attempt to
    >>> render with DirectShow and provide you with feedback regarding play
    >>> status.

  15. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 21:48:42 -0700, "luminos" <logos1@trip.net> wrote:

    >Moviefactory 3 does not support import of avi files.

    It most certainly does support the inport of avi files.

    Guy

    >"Bill in Co." <surly9ccurmudgeon@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> Does Movie Factory handle AVI files? I know it handles MPG files - not
    >> sure about AVI.
    >>
    >> Anna wrote:
    >>> I have an avi file that I am trying to convert to create a DVD disk with
    >>> using Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3.
    >>>
    >>> When I click on Create Video Disc, select DVD, add media and selct the
    >>> avi
    >>> file, I get the message [c:\downloads\file.avi] is not accessible. I
    >>> have
    >>> tried creating a DVD, VCD, SVCD, and DVD-VR and get the same error
    >> message.
    >>>
    >>> Can someone tell me how to resolve this. What I would like to do is
    >> either
    >>> convert it to a DVD or VCD format that I can play in my DVD player.
    >> Details
    >>> of the file are below.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you.
    >>>
    >>> Anna
    >>>
    >>> File Format - Microsoft AVI files --OpenDML
    >>> File Size 716,908 KBytes
    >>> Frame rate 23.976 Frames/sec
    >>> Duration 4767.434 Seconds
    >>> Data rate 148.82 kbps
    >>>
    >>> Video
    >>>
    >>> Compression - Not Accessible
    >>> Attributes 24 Bits, 576x304
    >>> Total Frames 114,304 Frames(s)
    >>>
    >>> Audio
    >>>
    >>> Compression - MPEG Layer 3
    >>> Attributes - 141 kbits/s, 48,000 Hz Stereo
    >>> Total samples 228,834,432 Sampels

  16. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    Anna, while I am not sure about this, I suspect that you might need to
    change your AVI to a type2 AVI - it is worth a try as the Ulead
    concerter is free.

    David

    > Anna wrote:
    > > I have an avi file that I am trying to convert to create a
    > > DVD disk with using Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3.
    > >
    > > When I click on Create Video Disc, select DVD, add media and
    > > selct the avi file, I get the message [c:\downloads\file.avi]
    > > is not accessible. I have tried creating a DVD, VCD, SVCD,
    > > and DVD-VR and get the same error message.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    I wrote this response on the basis of net information. Apparently the
    decoder/encoder is exceptionally picky about input, as there are numerous
    reports of problems with .avi. Here is an excerpt:

    U.N.C.L.E.: Scan the original AVI for errors:
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/142555.php

    If it has errors this is probably the reason Ulead pops up these
    errors (I haven't actually used Ulead DVD Moviefactory before though).

    Posted by Jason 11-14-2003 01:19 AM

    Okay, I got it. You guys freaken rock!!!
  18. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 16:35:55 -0700, "luminos" <logos1@trip.net> wrote:

    >I wrote this response on the basis of net information. Apparently the
    >decoder/encoder is exceptionally picky about input, as there are numerous
    >reports of problems with .avi. Here is an excerpt:

    Your net information isn't very good.

    > U.N.C.L.E.: Scan the original AVI for errors:
    > http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/142555.php
    >
    > If it has errors this is probably the reason Ulead pops up these
    >errors (I haven't actually used Ulead DVD Moviefactory before though).

    Not only did you comment in a thread about something you don't have
    and don't use, you posted a thread from a person who also doesn't have
    the program and has never used it either. As if that wasn't a big
    enough waste of time the Link thats posted goes to a forum thread
    about Virtual Dub. Now you've sent Anna on a wild goose chase looking
    for other software. When you add all that to the fact that you
    continue to post bullshit about hours and hours and days and days to
    convert avi to mpeg2 it seems to me your one of the least helpful
    people in this newsgroup.

    Guy

    > Posted by Jason 11-14-2003 01:19 AM
    >
    > Okay, I got it. You guys freaken rock!!!

  19. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    "Guy" <GDCourts@chartermi.net> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 16:35:55 -0700, "luminos" <logos1@trip.net> wrote:
    >
    >>I wrote this response on the basis of net information. Apparently the
    >>decoder/encoder is exceptionally picky about input, as there are numerous
    >>reports of problems with .avi. Here is an excerpt:
    >
    > Your net information isn't very good.
    >

    >> U.N.C.L.E.: Scan the original AVI for errors:
    >> http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/142555.php
    >>
    >> If it has errors this is probably the reason Ulead pops up these
    >>errors (I haven't actually used Ulead DVD Moviefactory before though).
    >>

    > Not only did you comment in a thread about something you don't have
    > and don't use,

    Wrong. I own it and use it.

    you posted a thread from a person who also doesn't have
    > the program and has never used it either. As if that wasn't a big
    > enough waste of time the Link thats posted goes to a forum thread
    > about Virtual Dub. Now you've sent Anna on a wild goose chase looking
    > for other software. When you add all that to the fact that you
    > continue to post bullshit about hours and hours and days and days to
    > convert avi to mpeg2 it seems to me your one of the least helpful
    > people in this newsgroup.
    >
    > Guy

    PLONK!
  20. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    "luminos" <logos1@trip.net> wrote in message
    > Moviefactory 3 does not support import of avi files.
    Yes it does i just imported an avi file

    > "Bill in Co." <surly9ccurmudgeon@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > > Does Movie Factory handle AVI files? I know it handles MPG files -
    not
    > > sure about AVI.
    > >
    > > Anna wrote:
    > >> I have an avi file that I am trying to convert to create a DVD disk
    with
    > >> using Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3.
    > >>
    > >> When I click on Create Video Disc, select DVD, add media and selct the
    > >> avi
    > >> file, I get the message [c:\downloads\file.avi] is not accessible. I
    > >> have
    > >> tried creating a DVD, VCD, SVCD, and DVD-VR and get the same error
    > > message.
    > >>
    > >> Can someone tell me how to resolve this. What I would like to do is
    > > either
    > >> convert it to a DVD or VCD format that I can play in my DVD player.
    > > Details
    > >> of the file are below.
    > >>
    > >> Thank you.
    > >>
    > >> Anna
    > >>
    > >> File Format - Microsoft AVI files --OpenDML
    > >> File Size 716,908 KBytes
    > >> Frame rate 23.976 Frames/sec
    > >> Duration 4767.434 Seconds
    > >> Data rate 148.82 kbps
    > >>
    > >> Video
    > >>
    > >> Compression - Not Accessible
    > >> Attributes 24 Bits, 576x304
    > >> Total Frames 114,304 Frames(s)
    > >>
    > >> Audio
    > >>
    > >> Compression - MPEG Layer 3
    > >> Attributes - 141 kbits/s, 48,000 Hz Stereo
    > >> Total samples 228,834,432 Sampels

Tuner Cards DVD Video AVI Graphics