VPN to office workstations

I have users who work at home, they connect through a Cisco VPN3030 concentrator with the Cisco Software VPN client. Instead of using VNC, I want them to use XP remote desktop connection to connection to their office workstations.
1. Does their home PC have to be XP pro?
2. Does their office PC have to be XP pro?
3. And if they connect to a local server to manage a server side application can I limit access to only the application?

1) no, you can download a terminal client for many Windows versions (I think
starting at W98)
2) yes (unless they have a server Windows installed on their office machine)
3) I suppose that depends on how they connecdt and what exactly they're
doing.

Regards
Stephan