Remote Web Desktop: Very Basic Doubt

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I have Win XP - PRO.
RDC to XP machine "works great" from other machines, if I use RDC
Client
(START/Programs/Accessories/Communications/Remote Desktop Connection)

Next, I installed TSWEB,
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/rdwebconn.asp

After that, i went to IIS & added virtual directory for tsweb --
Image1 Here:http://www.geocities.com/paddyzappa04/1.JPG

I don't have any website hosted at all. MY TCP port in my default
website & in IP Address field: (All Unassigned)

Then I do http://localhost/tsweb .. & this is what i get
Image2: http://www.geocities.com/paddyzappa04/2.JPG

& scrolled down to:
Image3: http://www.geocities.com/paddyzappa04/3.JPG

This is the screen i get from everywhere ... my PC .. or some other PC
on the LAN.

What am i doing wrong ?? The connect button is totally greyed out ..!!

Thanks....
-Paddy
2 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop basic doubt
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    There was some problem with the Geocities site:

    The Pictures are here .. Sorry for the Trouble ..

    photos.yahoo.com/paddyzappa04

    http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/paddyzappa04

    Hope to hear from ya all ...

    -paddy

    paddyzappa04@yahoo.com (Paddy) wrote in message news:<39042b09.0406101547.4330329a@posting.google.com>...
    > I have Win XP - PRO.
    > RDC to XP machine "works great" from other machines, if I use RDC
    > Client
    > (START/Programs/Accessories/Communications/Remote Desktop Connection)
    >

    > Next, I installed TSWEB,
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/rdwebconn.asp
    >
    > After that, i went to IIS & added virtual directory for tsweb --
    > Image1 Here:http://www.geocities.com/paddyzappa04/1.JPG
    >
    > I don't have any website hosted at all. MY TCP port in my default
    > website & in IP Address field: (All Unassigned)
    >

    > Then I do http://localhost/tsweb .. & this is what i get
    > Image2: http://www.geocities.com/paddyzappa04/2.JPG
    >
    > & scrolled down to:
    > Image3: http://www.geocities.com/paddyzappa04/3.JPG
    >

    > This is the screen i get from everywhere ... my PC .. or some other PC
    > on the LAN.
    >
    > What am i doing wrong ?? The connect button is totally greyed out ..!!
    >
    > Thanks....
    > -Paddy

    When the connect button is greyed out, you have to install the activeX
    or something from the tswebsite you are visiting. TSweb needs a activeX
    component to run properly.

    So when I enter the TSweb page, I get a question if I want to install
    the direct X part of this page, when you do that, you'll be able to
    press the connect button.

    Kind regards, Jeroen

    --
    jeroenvandom