Remote Web Desktop: Very Basic Doubt

June 10, 2004 8:47:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I have Win XP - PRO.
RDC to XP machine "works great" from other machines, if I use RDC
Client
(START/Programs/Accessories/Communications/Remote Desktop Connection)

Next, I installed TSWEB,
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/rdwebc...

After that, i went to IIS & added virtual directory for tsweb --
Image1 Here:http://www.geocities.com/paddyzappa04/1.JPG

I don't have any website hosted at all. MY TCP port in my default
website & in IP Address field: (All Unassigned)

Then I do http://localhost/tsweb .. & this is what i get
Image2: http://www.geocities.com/paddyzappa04/2.JPG

& scrolled down to:
Image3: http://www.geocities.com/paddyzappa04/3.JPG

This is the screen i get from everywhere ... my PC .. or some other PC
on the LAN.

What am i doing wrong ?? The connect button is totally greyed out ..!!

Thanks....
-Paddy
June 11, 2004 1:06:16 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

There was some problem with the Geocities site:

The Pictures are here .. Sorry for the Trouble ..

photos.yahoo.com/paddyzappa04

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/paddyzappa04

Hope to hear from ya all ...

-paddy

paddyzappa04@yahoo.com (Paddy) wrote in message news:<39042b09.0406101547.4330329a@posting.google.com>...
> I have Win XP - PRO.
> RDC to XP machine "works great" from other machines, if I use RDC
> Client
> (START/Programs/Accessories/Communications/Remote Desktop Connection)
>

> Next, I installed TSWEB,
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/rdwebc...
>
> After that, i went to IIS & added virtual directory for tsweb --
> Image1 Here:http://www.geocities.com/paddyzappa04/1.JPG
>
> I don't have any website hosted at all. MY TCP port in my default
> website & in IP Address field: (All Unassigned)
>

> Then I do http://localhost/tsweb .. & this is what i get
> Image2: http://www.geocities.com/paddyzappa04/2.JPG
>
> & scrolled down to:
> Image3: http://www.geocities.com/paddyzappa04/3.JPG
>

> This is the screen i get from everywhere ... my PC .. or some other PC
> on the LAN.
>
> What am i doing wrong ?? The connect button is totally greyed out ..!!
>
> Thanks....
> -Paddy
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 2:45:29 PM

When the connect button is greyed out, you have to install the activeX
or something from the tswebsite you are visiting. TSweb needs a activeX
component to run properly.

So when I enter the TSweb page, I get a question if I want to install
the direct X part of this page, when you do that, you'll be able to
press the connect button.

Kind regards, Jeroen

--
jeroenvandom