remote from xp home to 2000 pro

I can connect to my 2000 pro work pc via vpn through
netmeeting remote desktop, but when I try to connect
through the my xp home (home pc) "remote desktop
connection" I get an error saying the pc is unable to
connect... what's the deal? I have entered all the same
info in for username password domain, etc.
2 answers Last reply
More about remote home 2000

    Remote Desktop Connection does not work if the remote machine is Win 2000 or
    earlier. Your only options are remote desktop through Netmeeting or a third
    party program such as VNC.

    Bob

    "mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I can connect to my 2000 pro work pc via vpn through
    > netmeeting remote desktop, but when I try to connect
    > through the my xp home (home pc) "remote desktop
    > connection" I get an error saying the pc is unable to
    > connect... what's the deal? I have entered all the same
    > info in for username password domain, etc.

    See the posting with title:

    HowTo: Use Netmeeting in XP to Talk To 2000

    "mike" wrote:

    > I can connect to my 2000 pro work pc via vpn through
    > netmeeting remote desktop, but when I try to connect
    > through the my xp home (home pc) "remote desktop
    > connection" I get an error saying the pc is unable to
    > connect... what's the deal? I have entered all the same
    > info in for username password domain, etc.

Remote Desktop Connection Windows XP