Remote Desktop Web Connection

I have configured my Win XP Pro machine to allow users to access it via both Remote Desktop Connection and Remote Desktop Web Connection and both work great. However, do you know how to reduce the content information in the Web connection like you can do in the standard connection (e.g. remove desktop background, remove menu and window animation etc) as it is very slow over dial up.

Most if not all of that is configurable at the RD host end with Group Policies... For example you
can disable the desktop wallpaper for all clients using a Group Policy. On the host, run
'gpedit.msc' from the command line and look at "Local Computer Policy -> Administrative Templates ->
Windows Components -> Terminal Services" for the policy to "Enforce Removal of Remote Desktop
Wallpaper"....

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Mike B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have configured my Win XP Pro machine to allow users to access it via both Remote Desktop
>Connection and Remote Desktop Web Connection and both work great. However, do you know how to
>reduce the content information in the Web connection like you can do in the standard connection
>(e.g. remove desktop background, remove menu and window animation etc) as it is very slow over dial
>up.

---

Take a look at the content of default.htm (??)

You can configure everything you can on the desktop version and perhaps
more, with added lines in the HTML coding. You will see some examples that
allow you to turn printer and drive redirection on and off.

Jefferey Randow may be close to posting a lovely example of a page that
allows full control--not sure where he is on that.