change offline files status

Hi,
I have problems with offline files status. I have many slow VPN branch
office connections but fast enough that Offline Files Status changes from
Offline to Online but using those files with Online is too slow.

I have tried to use GP on Offline Files / Configure Slow link speed to
maximum but it still changes status always back to Online. It's odd since
our VPN connection is only 128 - 256kbps. Anyway, is there any way to force
status to Offline? Some scripts? 3rd party tools?

Thanks,
Oka Morikawa
3 answers Last reply
More about change offline files status

    This is another SP2 fix...

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 13:44:25 +0300, "Oka Morikawa" <oka@digine.comm>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I have problems with offline files status. I have many slow VPN branch
    >office connections but fast enough that Offline Files Status changes from
    >Offline to Online but using those files with Online is too slow.
    >
    >I have tried to use GP on Offline Files / Configure Slow link speed to
    >maximum but it still changes status always back to Online. It's odd since
    >our VPN connection is only 128 - 256kbps. Anyway, is there any way to force
    >status to Offline? Some scripts? 3rd party tools?
    >

    >Thanks,
    >Oka Morikawa

    Thanks!
    We'll just need to wait for the RTM, RC's still seems to be somehow buggy.

    "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote
    in message news:3r12d09l0bdvlv807kuesqcfqht58r33h6@4ax.com...
    > This is another SP2 fix...
    >
    > Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

    > On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 13:44:25 +0300, "Oka Morikawa" <oka@digine.comm>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >I have problems with offline files status. I have many slow VPN branch
    > >office connections but fast enough that Offline Files Status changes from
    > >Offline to Online but using those files with Online is too slow.
    > >
    > >I have tried to use GP on Offline Files / Configure Slow link speed to
    > >maximum but it still changes status always back to Online. It's odd since
    > >our VPN connection is only 128 - 256kbps. Anyway, is there any way to
    force
    > >status to Offline? Some scripts? 3rd party tools?
    > >

    > >Thanks,
    > >Oka Morikawa

    It shouldn't be long now, I hope... :)

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:32:29 +0300, "Oka Morikawa" <oka@digine.comm>
    wrote:

    >Thanks!
    >We'll just need to wait for the RTM, RC's still seems to be somehow buggy.
    >
    >"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote
    >in message news:3r12d09l0bdvlv807kuesqcfqht58r33h6@4ax.com...
    >> This is another SP2 fix...
    >>
    >> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
    >> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
    >>
    >> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
    >> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
    >> be answered depending on time availability....
    >>
    >> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
    >> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    >> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    >>
    >> On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 13:44:25 +0300, "Oka Morikawa" <oka@digine.comm>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi,
    >> >I have problems with offline files status. I have many slow VPN branch
    >> >office connections but fast enough that Offline Files Status changes from
    >> >Offline to Online but using those files with Online is too slow.
    >> >
    >> >I have tried to use GP on Offline Files / Configure Slow link speed to
    >> >maximum but it still changes status always back to Online. It's odd since
    >> >our VPN connection is only 128 - 256kbps. Anyway, is there any way to
    >force
    >> >status to Offline? Some scripts? 3rd party tools?
    >> >

    >> >Thanks,
    >> >Oka Morikawa

vpn Microsoft Windows XP