Screensaver timeout resets

I am running XP Pro on my computer at work, and I normally have my
screensaver set to kick in after 55 minutes of inactivity. However, after
accessing the PC from home using Remote Desktop, the screensaver always
resets itself to 10 minutes. This is becoming rather anoying.

There are several user profiles on the computer, and I have made sure that
they are all set to 55 minutes including the Administrator account, but the
timeout always changes to 10 minutes after using Remote Desktop.

Does anyone know how to force the screensaver to keep the 55 minute timeout?
1 answer Last reply
More about screensaver timeout resets

    You could change this via Group Policy and enforce it...

    Start->Run-GPEDIT.MSC

    User Configuration=>Administrative Templates->Control
    Panel->Display->Screen Saver Timeout.

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 08:43:41 -0500, "Cal" <Reply to group> wrote:

    >I am running XP Pro on my computer at work, and I normally have my
    >screensaver set to kick in after 55 minutes of inactivity. However, after
    >accessing the PC from home using Remote Desktop, the screensaver always
    >resets itself to 10 minutes. This is becoming rather anoying.
    >
    >There are several user profiles on the computer, and I have made sure that
    >they are all set to 55 minutes including the Administrator account, but the
    >timeout always changes to 10 minutes after using Remote Desktop.
    >
    >Does anyone know how to force the screensaver to keep the 55 minute timeout?

Screensaver Remote Desktop Computers Windows XP