vpn connection through dial up internet access

my VPN connections work very well through cable or adsl however i can't make a VPN connection through a dial up account, i get error 800 and then it rattles on about fire walls and the ports pptp and l2tp configurations if none of that was set up correctly then the VPN's would work at all would they?? can anyone help thanks
michael
1 answer Last reply
More about connection dial internet access

    Are you using a modem on the client and server for the dialup connection?
    Have checked if there is any difference in the security parameters for the
    VPN connection and the dialup connection?

    --
    Thanks,
    Sharoon

    "michael" <michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my VPN connections work very well through cable or adsl however i can't
    make a VPN connection through a dial up account, i get error 800 and then it
    rattles on about fire walls and the ports pptp and l2tp configurations if
    none of that was set up correctly then the VPN's would work at all would
    they?? can anyone help thanks
    > michael

Internet Access Connection VPN Dial Up Connection Windows XP