vpn connection through dial up internet access

Tags:
  • Internet Access
  • Connection
  • VPN
  • Dial Up Connection
  • Windows XP
June 16, 2004 2:13:01 AM

my VPN connections work very well through cable or adsl however i can't make a VPN connection through a dial up account, i get error 800 and then it rattles on about fire walls and the ports pptp and l2tp configurations if none of that was set up correctly then the VPN's would work at all would they?? can anyone help thanks
michael

More about : vpn connection dial internet access

Anonymous
June 16, 2004 4:13:23 PM

Are you using a modem on the client and server for the dialup connection?
Have checked if there is any difference in the security parameters for the
VPN connection and the dialup connection?

--
Thanks,
Sharoon