Information on using the remote option

I would like to start using the remote option, and i need
to know which computer OS I can run the host and/or
remote from. Where can I find such information.

Also, how can I tell if I am running XP home or XP pro?

Thanks

Chaz

Remote Desktop host only runs on XP Pro boxes. Remote Desktop client runs on a variety of OS
platforms...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/gomobile/remotedesktop/default.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/focuson/remotedesktop.asp

Right-click on "My Computer" and select "Properties" to verify your version of Windows XP.

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Chaz" <chazperx@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1ce0f01c45390$522a81d0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>I would like to start using the remote option, and i need
> to know which computer OS I can run the host and/or
> remote from. Where can I find such information.
>
> Also, how can I tell if I am running XP home or XP pro?
>
> Thanks
>
> Chaz

---

Or Start->Run->WINVER