anna

I'm using the AIW 9600 Pro with TV out option. When I play a video on my tv
that is running on my pc, I hear a hum on the tv. I do get audio, but there
is an irritating hum. All the cables are secure, I was just wondering if
there is a way to fix this?

Just as an FYI, I don't get a hum if I play the same video on my pc and
watch it on the pc monitor.

thx

Anna

"Anna" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
> I'm using the AIW 9600 Pro with TV out option. When I play a video on my
tv
> that is running on my pc, I hear a hum on the tv. I do get audio, but
there
> is an irritating hum. All the cables are secure, I was just wondering if
> there is a way to fix this?
>
> Just as an FYI, I don't get a hum if I play the same video on my pc and
> watch it on the pc monitor.
>
> thx
>
> Anna

Don't get a noise like that on my stuff. Wonder if its the tv?

my 2 cents

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Ground loops can cause hum so you may want to try running a single wire from
your computer case to the TV or to an electrical outlet (the screw holding
the plate), just to ground it, or to the outer barrel of an RCA audio jack
or a screw that goes into the chassis (metal frame), if there is such a
thing on your TV/Monitor. This may help reduce the hum but indicates there
may be a fault in your electrical system.
DO NOT STICK A BARE WIRE INTO AN ELECTRICAL OUTLET

"Anna" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
> I'm using the AIW 9600 Pro with TV out option. When I play a video on my
tv
> that is running on my pc, I hear a hum on the tv. I do get audio, but
there
> is an irritating hum. All the cables are secure, I was just wondering if
> there is a way to fix this?
>
> Just as an FYI, I don't get a hum if I play the same video on my pc and
> watch it on the pc monitor.
>
> thx
>
> Anna

AnthonyR

"Steve" <uncle499@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ground loops can cause hum so you may want to try running a single wire
> from
> your computer case to the TV or to an electrical outlet (the screw holding
> the plate), just to ground it, or to the outer barrel of an RCA audio jack
> or a screw that goes into the chassis (metal frame), if there is such a
> thing on your TV/Monitor. This may help reduce the hum but indicates there
> may be a fault in your electrical system.
> DO NOT STICK A BARE WIRE INTO AN ELECTRICAL OUTLET
>
> "Anna" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
>> I'm using the AIW 9600 Pro with TV out option. When I play a video on my
> tv
>> that is running on my pc, I hear a hum on the tv. I do get audio, but
> there
>> is an irritating hum. All the cables are secure, I was just wondering if
>> there is a way to fix this?
>>
>> Just as an FYI, I don't get a hum if I play the same video on my pc and
>> watch it on the pc monitor.
>>
>> thx
>>
>> Anna

Steve,
That sounds like good advice, especially the last part!
LOL

AnthonyR.