funny effects

Hello. Can anyone here recommend anything that has a collection of films of
objects with a single transparent background. Basically I want to add
objects on top of existing video footage.
In video editing software I've been adding animated gifs with a transparent
background as a layer above the original film in the timeline. So for
instance, to add the effect of a bird flying across the screen I've been
using gifs. However the results are, predictably, not very convincing. What
I'm looking for is a way to get hold of equivalent film that can be used
instead. So I could add a film of a real bird with a transparent background.
I probably haven't explained myself very well. But does anyone know of such
a library of objects. ie a CD with video files of various objects, such a
flying bird, bat spider etc with a background of one colour, that can be
keyed out in a video editing program.
In other words, real footage reather than a cartoon gif.
Thanks.

Yes, this is exactly what I am looking for as well.

Adobe After Effects does this but I am not interested in 36 hours of
training to make something from scratch. I too thought that there
would be some place that already has these little effect done.

Please post if you have any links.

>Hello. Can anyone here recommend anything that has a collection of films of
>objects with a single transparent background. Basically I want to add
>objects on top of existing video footage.
>In video editing software I've been adding animated gifs with a transparent
>background as a layer above the original film in the timeline. So for
>instance, to add the effect of a bird flying across the screen I've been
>using gifs. However the results are, predictably, not very convincing. What
>I'm looking for is a way to get hold of equivalent film that can be used
>instead. So I could add a film of a real bird with a transparent background.
>I probably haven't explained myself very well. But does anyone know of such
>a library of objects. ie a CD with video files of various objects, such a
>flying bird, bat spider etc with a background of one colour, that can be
>keyed out in a video editing program.
>In other words, real footage reather than a cartoon gif.
>Thanks.

I'm with stupid ---> "HarrySpider" <whatevernext10@hotmail.com>
wrote:

*snip*
>In other words, real footage reather than a cartoon gif.

You could 'maybe' look at alamdv, it's used for creating overlays on
videos such as explosions and gun shots, and it relies on users to
create their own objects to be used, they may have something of use...

--
Playing: FIFA 2005.... Thats it atm
Awaiting: PES4 & HALO2 (Yawn yes i know)

"SjT" <NOT@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm with stupid ---> "HarrySpider" <whatevernext10@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> *snip*
>>In other words, real footage reather than a cartoon gif.
>
> You could 'maybe' look at alamdv, it's used for creating overlays on
> videos such as explosions and gun shots, and it relies on users to
> create their own objects to be used, they may have something of use...
>
> --
> Playing: FIFA 2005.... Thats it atm
> Awaiting: PES4 & HALO2 (Yawn yes i know)

Thanks. I've had a look at its site but it's not what I'm after. Alamdv
looks like a video editing program geared towards producing composite films.
I already have software that can key out a background colour allowing films
to be placed onto of others. What I'm looking for is a series of stock
footage of various items, such as birds, monsters etc on a blue/green
background so I can then use them to place within video that I've filmed.
I can't find any such thing on the web so I thought I'd ask here.

In article <8t90n0pjk5gburvshm28bngntlhafajmb3@4ax.com>, Gera says...

> >Hello. Can anyone here recommend anything that has a collection of films of
> >objects with a single transparent background. Basically I want to add
> >objects on top of existing video footage.
> >In video editing software I've been adding animated gifs with a transparent
> >background as a layer above the original film in the timeline. So for
> >instance, to add the effect of a bird flying across the screen I've been
> >using gifs. However the results are, predictably, not very convincing. What
> >I'm looking for is a way to get hold of equivalent film that can be used
> >instead. So I could add a film of a real bird with a transparent background.
> >I probably haven't explained myself very well. But does anyone know of such
> >a library of objects. ie a CD with video files of various objects, such a
> >flying bird, bat spider etc with a background of one colour, that can be
> >keyed out in a video editing program.
> >In other words, real footage reather than a cartoon gif.
> >Thanks.

I think what you are looking for is "bluescreen stock footage". Search
for that on google.

--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

"Chris Phillipo" <cphillipo@ramsays-online.com> wrote in message
> In article <8t90n0pjk5gburvshm28bngntlhafajmb3@4ax.com>, Gera says...
>>
>> >Hello. Can anyone here recommend anything that has a collection of films
>> >of
>> >objects with a single transparent background. Basically I want to add
>> >objects on top of existing video footage.
>> >In video editing software I've been adding animated gifs with a
>> >transparent
>> >background as a layer above the original film in the timeline. So for
>> >instance, to add the effect of a bird flying across the screen I've been
>> >using gifs. However the results are, predictably, not very convincing.
>> >What
>> >I'm looking for is a way to get hold of equivalent film that can be used
>> >instead. So I could add a film of a real bird with a transparent
>> >background.
>> >I probably haven't explained myself very well. But does anyone know of
>> >such
>> >a library of objects. ie a CD with video files of various objects, such
>> >flying bird, bat spider etc with a background of one colour, that can be
>> >keyed out in a video editing program.
>> >In other words, real footage reather than a cartoon gif.
>> >Thanks.
>> >

> I think what you are looking for is "bluescreen stock footage". Search
> for that on google.
>
> --
> _________________________
> Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
> http://www.ramsays-online.com

Already done that and got one -dud- entry. I think that makes it some sort
of Googlewack. That's why I asked here.

> "Chris Phillipo" <cphillipo@ramsays-online.com> wrote in message
>> In article <8t90n0pjk5gburvshm28bngntlhafajmb3@4ax.com>, Gera says...

>> I think what you are looking for is "bluescreen stock footage". Search
>> for that on google.
>>
>> --
>> _________________________
>> Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
>> http://www.ramsays-online.com
>
> Already done that and got one -dud- entry. I think that makes it some
> sort of Googlewack. That's why I asked here.

I've found quite alot now using 'chroma key' as the key phrase
So thanks folks

wrote:

>Thanks. I've had a look at its site but it's not what I'm after. Alamdv
>looks like a video editing program geared towards producing composite films.
>I already have software that can key out a background colour allowing films
>to be placed onto of others. What I'm looking for is a series of stock
>footage of various items, such as birds, monsters etc on a blue/green
>background so I can then use them to place within video that I've filmed.
>I can't find any such thing on the web so I thought I'd ask here.

Well, that's the thing, when you get alamdv you get free access to the
user libraries which is full of user-made objects which can be
anything that anyone wished to put up.

Although mainly they consist of explosions and light sabre's ;)