NTSC and PAL Video Capture PCI Cards

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 15, 2004 2:43:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I am spending sleepless nights looking around for a good PCI card that
would help me move my PAL and NTSC video camera tapes to a DVD
format. Is there a one true combo solution or is it advisable or
cheaper to buy seperate cards? So far Adaptec and Canopus (expensive!)
seem to be highly rated. Pinnacle PCI cards seem to be seperated into
a European brand (PAL) and US brand (NTSC). I live in the US and
would have a problem getting a PAL card. I have Pinnacle studio 9.0.
Thanks for your advise advise.

My system
DELL 400SC Poweredge server with 1GB Memory
450 GB Hard drive @ 7200
2.8 GHZ Pentium 4
Windows XP Pro
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 11:06:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

> I am spending sleepless nights looking around for a good PCI card that
> would help me move my PAL and NTSC video camera tapes to a DVD
> format. Is there a one true combo solution or is it advisable or
> cheaper to buy seperate cards? So far Adaptec and Canopus (expensive!)
> seem to be highly rated. Pinnacle PCI cards seem to be seperated into
> a European brand (PAL) and US brand (NTSC). I live in the US and
> would have a problem getting a PAL card. I have Pinnacle studio 9.0.
> Thanks for your advise advise.
>
> My system
> DELL 400SC Poweredge server with 1GB Memory
> 450 GB Hard drive @ 7200
> 2.8 GHZ Pentium 4
> Windows XP Pro

Most of the Hauppauge WinTV cards do both NTSC and PAL. The non-PVR ones are
dirt-cheap.
Anonymous
October 16, 2004 1:54:28 AM

"McAllan" <fghj@tyui.tyu> wrote in message
>> I am spending sleepless nights looking around for a good PCI card that
>> would help me move my PAL and NTSC video camera tapes to a DVD
>> format. Is there a one true combo solution or is it advisable or
>> cheaper to buy seperate cards? So far Adaptec and Canopus (expensive!)
>> seem to be highly rated. Pinnacle PCI cards seem to be seperated into
>> a European brand (PAL) and US brand (NTSC). I live in the US and
>> would have a problem getting a PAL card. I have Pinnacle studio 9.0.
>> Thanks for your advise advise.
>>
>> My system
>> DELL 400SC Poweredge server with 1GB Memory
>> 450 GB Hard drive @ 7200
>> 2.8 GHZ Pentium 4
>> Windows XP Pro
>
> Most of the Hauppauge WinTV cards do both NTSC and PAL. The non-PVR ones
> are
> dirt-cheap.

Almost all of the hardware based capture cards, including the ADS Instant
DVD USB 2.0, will capture either format.
October 16, 2004 9:09:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"McAllan" <fghj@tyui.tyu> wrote in message

> >> 450 GB Hard drive @ 7200

Where did you buy a 450gb hard drive?

~~R.Banks
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 6:23:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Asus TV FM card. I got it for something like Canadian$ 80. Captures both
NTSC and PAL (I use VirtualVCR) with good quality.

!