Remote Desktop Web Connection with Cox Communications

I have discovered the problem I cannot access my remote desktop web
connection over the internet is due to cox communications blocking port 80
on their cable modem service.
Is there anyway around this?

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about remote desktop connection communications

    You can have IIS listen on a different port (like 81). Al's website
    has a good primer on Linksys routers and using different local and
    remote port numbers...
    http://members.cox.net/ajarvi/RemoteDesktop/Multiple_PC_RD.html

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:12:59 -0500, "John Vaughan" <johnv@tamu.edu>
    wrote:

    >I have discovered the problem I cannot access my remote desktop web
    >connection over the internet is due to cox communications blocking port 80
    >on their cable modem service.
    >Is there anyway around this?
    >
    >Thanks.

Remote Desktop Communications Connection Windows XP