Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Remote Desktop Web Connection with Cox Communications

Tags:
  • Remote Desktop
  • Communications
  • Connection
  • Windows XP
June 16, 2004 11:12:59 PM

I have discovered the problem I cannot access my remote desktop web
connection over the internet is due to cox communications blocking port 80
on their cable modem service.
Is there anyway around this?

Thanks.

More about : remote desktop web connection cox communications

Anonymous
June 17, 2004 1:23:10 AM

You can have IIS listen on a different port (like 81). Al's website
has a good primer on Linksys routers and using different local and
remote port numbers...
http://members.cox.net/ajarvi/RemoteDesktop/Multiple_PC...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com