Stupid question about Windows Media Video 9

Do you have to use the microsoft encoder to encode videos in WMV 9? I
ask because I have Ulead Studio and WMV 8 is a codec I can use but WMF 9
is not. Just wondering if I don't have the codec installed correctly or
if Ulead simply can't use it.
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

martin

"Chris Phillipo" <cphillipo@ramsays-online.com> wrote in message
> Do you have to use the microsoft encoder to encode videos in WMV 9? I
> ask because I have Ulead Studio and WMV 8 is a codec I can use but WMF 9
> is not. Just wondering if I don't have the codec installed correctly or
> if Ulead simply can't use it.
> --
> Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
> http://www.ramsays-online.com

Take a look at this page
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/codecs/vcm.aspx

The Windows Media Video 9 VCM allows various editing/encoding applications
to use the WMV9 codec.

Martin.