TS and TSAC Assistance required PLEASE!

Hi,
I have team of 5 people who travel world wide that need access to our system, these all have laptops with various dialups AOL AT&T for access. At present they view their email and that of our public folder emails via OWA or Remote Mail. We have just depolyed a new application that these people need to gain access to, so I thought of using TS. I have just found that using TSAC may be more beneficial.

Thats the background info.

What I want to know is is it better to use the TSweb ActiveX or just TSClient? We use win2k servers and win2k pro clients.

Can any one assist?

Thanks in advance Karl
5 answers Last reply
More about tsac assistance required please

    There isn't much difference in using the various clients... You must
    have administrative rights to install both the real client and the web
    client.

    Are you VPN'ing into the system?

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:17:02 -0700, Karl T <Karl
    T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I have team of 5 people who travel world wide that need access to our system, these all have laptops with various dialups AOL AT&T for access. At present they view their email and that of our public folder emails via OWA or Remote Mail. We have just depolyed a new application that these people need to gain access to, so I thought of using TS. I have just found that using TSAC may be more beneficial.
    >
    >Thats the background info.
    >
    >What I want to know is is it better to use the TSweb ActiveX or just TSClient? We use win2k servers and win2k pro clients.
    >
    >Can any one assist?
    >
    >Thanks in advance Karl

    Good Day Jeffrey

    Yes we would like to vpn in

    "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

    > There isn't much difference in using the various clients... You must
    > have administrative rights to install both the real client and the web
    > client.
    >
    > Are you VPN'ing into the system?
    >
    > Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

    > On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:17:02 -0700, Karl T <Karl
    > T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >I have team of 5 people who travel world wide that need access to our system, these all have laptops with various dialups AOL AT&T for access. At present they view their email and that of our public folder emails via OWA or Remote Mail. We have just depolyed a new application that these people need to gain access to, so I thought of using TS. I have just found that using TSAC may be more beneficial.
    > >
    > >Thats the background info.
    > >
    > >What I want to know is is it better to use the TSweb ActiveX or just TSClient? We use win2k servers and win2k pro clients.
    > >
    > >Can any one assist?
    > >
    > >Thanks in advance Karl

    Good Day Jeffery

    Yes we would use vpn, can you advise which is best suited please.

    "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

    > There isn't much difference in using the various clients... You must
    > have administrative rights to install both the real client and the web
    > client.
    >
    > Are you VPN'ing into the system?
    >
    > Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

    > On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:17:02 -0700, Karl T <Karl
    > T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >I have team of 5 people who travel world wide that need access to our system, these all have laptops with various dialups AOL AT&T for access. At present they view their email and that of our public folder emails via OWA or Remote Mail. We have just depolyed a new application that these people need to gain access to, so I thought of using TS. I have just found that using TSAC may be more beneficial.
    > >
    > >Thats the background info.
    > >
    > >What I want to know is is it better to use the TSweb ActiveX or just TSClient? We use win2k servers and win2k pro clients.
    > >
    > >Can any one assist?
    > >
    > >Thanks in advance Karl

    Either... The web client seems to be overkill in a VPN environment...

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 04:31:01 -0700, Karl T <Karl
    T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Good Day Jeffrey
    >
    >Yes we would like to vpn in
    >
    >"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> There isn't much difference in using the various clients... You must
    >> have administrative rights to install both the real client and the web
    >> client.
    >>
    >> Are you VPN'ing into the system?
    >>
    >> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
    >> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
    >>
    >> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
    >> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
    >> be answered depending on time availability....
    >>
    >> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
    >> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    >> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    >>
    >> On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:17:02 -0700, Karl T <Karl
    >> T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi,
    >> >I have team of 5 people who travel world wide that need access to our system, these all have laptops with various dialups AOL AT&T for access. At present they view their email and that of our public folder emails via OWA or Remote Mail. We have just depolyed a new application that these people need to gain access to, so I thought of using TS. I have just found that using TSAC may be more beneficial.
    >> >
    >> >Thats the background info.
    >> >
    >> >What I want to know is is it better to use the TSweb ActiveX or just TSClient? We use win2k servers and win2k pro clients.
    >> >
    >> >Can any one assist?
    >> >
    >> >Thanks in advance Karl

    I'd recommend using the latest client executable.

    I'd recommend against using the web method--it adds needless complication
    and perhaps some security risk.

    Here's a download URL:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8255ffc-4b4a-40e7-a706-cde7e9b57e79&DisplayLang=en

    You may have two difficulties: 1) unless you install Terminal Services in
    Terminal Server mode, with attendant licensing, you will have a limit of two
    concurrent sessions, and the users must be administrators on your server.
    You may or may not be able to live with this depending on the nature of the
    organization and the users.

    2) With Windows 2000 Server, there's no file transfer mechanism available
    within Terminal Services--ignore any signs to the contrary from the UI--they
    either require Citrix, or work only with newer host OS's--XP or Windows
    Server 2003. You can move files via standard networking over the VPN
    connection, however.

    Additionally, if you need these clients to be able to print locally, take
    some care in selecting printers--you need to have rock-solid certified
    drivers for those printers available at the server, and the printers must
    connect to the client machines via ports which are redirected.

    "Karl T" <KarlT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Good Day Jeffery
    >
    > Yes we would use vpn, can you advise which is best suited please.
    >
    > "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> There isn't much difference in using the various clients... You must
    >> have administrative rights to install both the real client and the web
    >> client.
    >>
    >> Are you VPN'ing into the system?
    >>
    >> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
    >> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
    >>
    >> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
    >> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
    >> be answered depending on time availability....
    >>
    >> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
    >> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    >> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    >>
    >> On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:17:02 -0700, Karl T <Karl
    >> T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi,
    >> >I have team of 5 people who travel world wide that need access to our
    >> >system, these all have laptops with various dialups AOL AT&T for access.
    >> >At present they view their email and that of our public folder emails
    >> >via OWA or Remote Mail. We have just depolyed a new application that
    >> >these people need to gain access to, so I thought of using TS. I have
    >> >just found that using TSAC may be more beneficial.
    >> >
    >> >Thats the background info.
    >> >
    >> >What I want to know is is it better to use the TSweb ActiveX or just
    >> >TSClient? We use win2k servers and win2k pro clients.
    >> >
    >> >Can any one assist?
    >> >
    >> >Thanks in advance Karl

Windows XP