Remote Connection using ADSL connection both side

Hey there ppl,
I want to connect to my home PC from work. I use ADSL connection both sides.
Both modems are Zoom X3. Both external modems. And i am using LAN at both
sides. Can it be possible?
2 answers Last reply
More about remote connection adsl connection side

    It is certainly possible
    How to do it is the choice you have to make.

    You could use a VPN
    You could use terminal services like Remote Desktop or VNC
    You could use file and printer sharing ( not secure at all, do not do this)

    I acces mine like this using terminal services(Remote Desktop)
    It is built in to XP so is an easy choice

    From Control Panel - System look on the Remote tab
    Tick the box to use Remote Desktop
    Setup your router to allow access to the RDP port which is 3389

    Now you can connect
    Make sure you use strong passwords and renaming the administrator account is
    a good idea also

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/getstarted/remoteintro.mspx

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/583.mspx

    Regards
    Mark Dormer

    "Enver A" <ea90@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hey there ppl,
    > I want to connect to my home PC from work. I use ADSL connection both
    > sides.
    > Both modems are Zoom X3. Both external modems. And i am using LAN at both
    > sides. Can it be possible?

    Thanks so much. My problem has been solved.

    "Mark Dormer" <markd@mvpsx.org> wrote in message
    > It is certainly possible
    > How to do it is the choice you have to make.
    >
    > You could use a VPN
    > You could use terminal services like Remote Desktop or VNC
    > You could use file and printer sharing ( not secure at all, do not do
    this)

    > I acces mine like this using terminal services(Remote Desktop)
    > It is built in to XP so is an easy choice
    >
    > From Control Panel - System look on the Remote tab
    > Tick the box to use Remote Desktop
    > Setup your router to allow access to the RDP port which is 3389
    >
    > Now you can connect
    > Make sure you use strong passwords and renaming the administrator account
    is
    > a good idea also

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/getstarted/remoteintro.mspx

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/583.mspx

    > Regards
    > Mark Dormer
    >
    > "Enver A" <ea90@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hey there ppl,
    > > I want to connect to my home PC from work. I use ADSL connection both
    > > sides.
    > > Both modems are Zoom X3. Both external modems. And i am using LAN at
    both
    > > sides. Can it be possible?

Connection Microsoft Windows XP