how to us remote desktop

I have win xp at office and 98 at home. I have broadband at both places. We do not have any office network at office. How do I set up a remote connection so that I may be able to leave the office computer running and access that computer with my home pc. Secondly, I do not have a domain name. Can I access my office computer with my home computer. Please help.
2 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop

    If the office PC is running XP Pro then you can use Remote Desktop. Look at these pages for help
    with that...

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/gomobile/remotedesktop/default.asp
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/focuson/remotedesktop.asp

    If the office PC is running XP Home then UltraVNC is an option. Get the server, client and
    encryption plug-in from...

    http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
    http://home.comcast.net/%7Emsrc4plugin/

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "jitu5000" <jitu5000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have win xp at office and 98 at home. I have broadband at both places. We do not have any office
    >network at office. How do I set up a remote connection so that I may be able to leave the office
    >computer running and access that computer with my home pc. Secondly, I do not have a domain name.
    >Can I access my office computer with my home computer. Please help.

    ---

    but how would I know sitting at home where I have to login to. I really do not know the specifics. Do I have to buy a domain name and relay the domain with my machine which should act as a server

    "Sooner Al" wrote:

    > If the office PC is running XP Pro then you can use Remote Desktop. Look at these pages for help
    > with that...
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/gomobile/remotedesktop/default.asp
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/focuson/remotedesktop.asp
    >
    > If the office PC is running XP Home then UltraVNC is an option. Get the server, client and
    > encryption plug-in from...
    >
    > http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
    > http://home.comcast.net/%7Emsrc4plugin/
    >
    > --
    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    > "jitu5000" <jitu5000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have win xp at office and 98 at home. I have broadband at both places. We do not have any office
    > >network at office. How do I set up a remote connection so that I may be able to leave the office
    > >computer running and access that computer with my home pc. Secondly, I do not have a domain name.
    > >Can I access my office computer with my home computer. Please help.
    > >

    > ---

Remote Desktop Computers Office Windows XP