Remote Desktop Shuting Down After Login

jake

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2001

When I use remote desktop from home to connect to my work computer the program shuts down without warning or error message. I get the logon screen but after I enter my username and password and then press enter, the screen freezes for about 20 seconds and then shutsdown. Anyone know what is going on?

Disable the Nvidia Display Driver Service. This is a known issue with
the latest Nvidia display drivers...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:39:02 -0700, "Jake"
<Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I use remote desktop from home to connect to my work computer the program shuts down without warning or error message. I get the logon screen but after I enter my username and password and then press enter, the screen freezes for about 20 seconds and then shutsdown. Anyone know what is going on?

Hi Jefrey

I didn`t catch the msg when you said "Disable the Nvidia Display Driver Service". What it means ? Change the driver display ?? I was looking for issue at the Nvidia lastest driver (56.72) and it don`t mention nothing about it.
I have the same problem sometimes ... when i do logon, it`s kick me out.
I`m using W2k to conect at the WXP Tsweb.
Thanks for helping ...

Ricardo Sales

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

> Disable the Nvidia Display Driver Service. This is a known issue with
> the latest Nvidia display drivers...
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:39:02 -0700, "Jake"
> <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >When I use remote desktop from home to connect to my work computer the program shuts down without warning or error message. I get the logon screen but after I enter my username and password and then press enter, the screen freezes for about 20 seconds and then shutsdown. Anyone know what is going on?

No. The latest drivers install a service under Computer Management ->
Services (compmgmt.msc). Disable the service there...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:44:33 -0700, "Ricardo Sales" <Ricardo
Sales@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Jefrey
>
>I didn`t catch the msg when you said "Disable the Nvidia Display Driver Service". What it means ? Change the driver display ?? I was looking for issue at the Nvidia lastest driver (56.72) and it don`t mention nothing about it.
>I have the same problem sometimes ... when i do logon, it`s kick me out.
>I`m using W2k to conect at the WXP Tsweb.
>Thanks for helping ...
>
>Ricardo Sales
>
>"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Disable the Nvidia Display Driver Service. This is a known issue with
>> the latest Nvidia display drivers...
>>
>> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
>> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>>
>> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>> be answered depending on time availability....
>>
>> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>
>> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:39:02 -0700, "Jake"
>> <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >When I use remote desktop from home to connect to my work computer the program shuts down without warning or error message. I get the logon screen but after I enter my username and password and then press enter, the screen freezes for about 20 seconds and then shutsdown. Anyone know what is going on?

OHH thanks, Jeffrey
Really works ..

[]'s
Ricardo Sales

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

> No. The latest drivers install a service under Computer Management ->
> Services (compmgmt.msc). Disable the service there...
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:44:33 -0700, "Ricardo Sales" <Ricardo
> Sales@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi Jefrey
> >
> >I didn`t catch the msg when you said "Disable the Nvidia Display Driver Service". What it means ? Change the driver display ?? I was looking for issue at the Nvidia lastest driver (56.72) and it don`t mention nothing about it.
> >I have the same problem sometimes ... when i do logon, it`s kick me out.
> >I`m using W2k to conect at the WXP Tsweb.
> >Thanks for helping ...
> >
> >Ricardo Sales
> >
> >"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> Disable the Nvidia Display Driver Service. This is a known issue with
> >> the latest Nvidia display drivers...
> >>
> >> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
> >> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
> >>
> >> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
> >> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
> >> be answered depending on time availability....
> >>
> >> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
> >> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
> >> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

Glad it worked for ya... :)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 18:43:01 -0700, "Ricardo Sales"
<RicardoSales@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>OHH thanks, Jeffrey
>Really works ..
>
>[]'s
>Ricardo Sales
>
>"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
>
>> No. The latest drivers install a service under Computer Management ->
>> Services (compmgmt.msc). Disable the service there...
>>
>> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
>> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>>
>> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>> be answered depending on time availability....
>>
>> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>
>> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:44:33 -0700, "Ricardo Sales" <Ricardo
>> Sales@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi Jefrey
>> >
>> >I didn`t catch the msg when you said "Disable the Nvidia Display Driver Service". What it means ? Change the driver display ?? I was looking for issue at the Nvidia lastest driver (56.72) and it don`t mention nothing about it.
>> >I have the same problem sometimes ... when i do logon, it`s kick me out.
>> >I`m using W2k to conect at the WXP Tsweb.
>> >Thanks for helping ...
>> >
>> >Ricardo Sales

jake

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2001

There is not an NVidia service located on the computer I am trying to remote to...

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

> Glad it worked for ya... :)
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

> On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 18:43:01 -0700, "Ricardo Sales"
> <RicardoSales@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >OHH thanks, Jeffrey
> >Really works ..
> >
> >[]'s
> >Ricardo Sales
> >
> >"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> No. The latest drivers install a service under Computer Management ->
> >> Services (compmgmt.msc). Disable the service there...
> >>
> >> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
> >> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
> >>
> >> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
> >> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
> >> be answered depending on time availability....
> >>
> >> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
> >> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
> >> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

jake

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2001

There is not NVidia service on the computer I am trying to remote too???