Recording audio levels - Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB2

Anyone know if it's possible to set the audio level recorded for either the
TV tuner or the line input on this device? I've attempted to use the
sliders in WinTV2000 to no avail.

TIA,
Kevin
2 answers Last reply
More about recording audio levels hauppauge wintv usb2

    In article <10n2cqi7bsfaj23@corp.supernews.com>, kwc@invalidaddress.com
    says...
    > Subject: Recording audio levels - Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB2
    > From: "kwc" <kwc@invalidaddress.com>
    > Newsgroups: rec.video.desktop
    >
    > Anyone know if it's possible to set the audio level recorded for either the
    > TV tuner or the line input on this device? I've attempted to use the
    > sliders in WinTV2000 to no avail.
    >
    > TIA,
    > Kevin

    There is a registry hack that I had to use with SageTV, I am not sure if
    it allpies to everything, but go to
    http://www.freytechnologies.com/support.html and search their forums for
    "low volume" there's a lot of discussion on it.
    --
    _________________________
    http://www.ramsays-online.com

    Chris,

    Thanks for the information. I installed SageTV just to try this out. The
    registry hack worked for both tuner and line input audio sources -- but only
    when using the SageTV software itself. Interestingly, the encoder box
    appeared to "remember" the volume setting for external audio inputs only if
    I closed SageTV and immediately ran WinTV2000 configured for a line input.
    However, switching to a TV station (on-board tuner) and back to the line
    input in WinTV2000 killed the setting.

    So far Hauppauge tech support hasn't been able to help me any further. I'm
    impressed with SageTV but don't wish to purchase it (at least not yet)
    simply to achieve lower audio levels that should be supportable by the
    native software/hardware combination from Hauppauge.

    If you or anyone else has any additional suggestions, I'm all ears!

    Regards,
    Kevin

    "Chris Phillipo" <cphillipo@ramsays-online.com> wrote in message
    > In article <10n2cqi7bsfaj23@corp.supernews.com>, kwc@invalidaddress.com
    > says...
    >> Subject: Recording audio levels - Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB2
    >> From: "kwc" <kwc@invalidaddress.com>
    >> Newsgroups: rec.video.desktop
    >>
    >> Anyone know if it's possible to set the audio level recorded for either
    >> the
    >> TV tuner or the line input on this device? I've attempted to use the
    >> sliders in WinTV2000 to no avail.
    >>
    >> TIA,
    >> Kevin
    >>

    > There is a registry hack that I had to use with SageTV, I am not sure if
    > it allpies to everything, but go to
    > http://www.freytechnologies.com/support.html and search their forums for
    > "low volume" there's a lot of discussion on it.
    > --
    > Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
    > http://www.ramsays-online.com

Tuner Cards Audio Hauppauge Graphics