NetMeeting questions

I am trying to research NetMeeting as a means to work
remotely from home. Does anyone know: can WinXP home
edition connect through AOL dialup (OR DSL)to office MAC
OSX connected via Comcast Cable?
Comcast told me to use NetMeeting, but I can't find
anything on MS website that says NetMeeting is cross
platform.
Please be kind, I am not very computer savvy.
1 answer Last reply
More about netmeeting questions

    NetMeeting is not cross platform. You might try RealVNC, ie. the original VNC release, that
    apparently does run on OS X platforms... Note that the data stream is *NOT* encrypted.

    http://www.realvnc.com/resources.html

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Nicky" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am trying to research NetMeeting as a means to work
    > remotely from home. Does anyone know: can WinXP home
    > edition connect through AOL dialup (OR DSL)to office MAC
    > OSX connected via Comcast Cable?
    > Comcast told me to use NetMeeting, but I can't find
    > anything on MS website that says NetMeeting is cross
    > platform.
    > Please be kind, I am not very computer savvy.

    ---

Windows XP