NetMeeting questions

June 20, 2004 10:57:25 PM

I am trying to research NetMeeting as a means to work
remotely from home. Does anyone know: can WinXP home
edition connect through AOL dialup (OR DSL)to office MAC
OSX connected via Comcast Cable?
Comcast told me to use NetMeeting, but I can't find
anything on MS website that says NetMeeting is cross
platform.
Please be kind, I am not very computer savvy.

More about : netmeeting questions

Anonymous
June 21, 2004 9:06:09 AM

NetMeeting is not cross platform. You might try RealVNC, ie. the original VNC release, that
apparently does run on OS X platforms... Note that the data stream is *NOT* encrypted.

http://www.realvnc.com/resources.html

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Nicky" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to research NetMeeting as a means to work
> remotely from home. Does anyone know: can WinXP home
> edition connect through AOL dialup (OR DSL)to office MAC
> OSX connected via Comcast Cable?
> Comcast told me to use NetMeeting, but I can't find
> anything on MS website that says NetMeeting is cross
> platform.
> Please be kind, I am not very computer savvy.

---