Thanks Pete D graphics card with VIVO

Thanks for your reply Pete D , I will want to caputre from anolog vcr as
well that is why I am considering the gigabyte ATI 9600XT because it has
VIVO but as I asked will I be able to edit in real time with this card as I
said I have on board firewire sowith this card will I need to get what they
are calling a video capture card to edit in real time preview from the time
line or will this card do the trick
1 answer Last reply
More about thanks pete graphics card vivo

    Edit in realtime, we are talking NLE here it is not realtime, you will need
    a production studio to do that.

    I have been capturing and editing video for quite a few years and struggled
    with video capture back on Pentium 200's. The Firewire connections remove
    all the mucking around, they just work. I also use a video -> USB converter
    for previewing from a VCR. For best results I transcode back through my
    camcorder (TRV-320E). There is also some Firewire <---> video converters
    that look very good, I am sure there is someone here that will point you in
    the right direction there, there is also some very good "Firewire/video
    capture cards" but I have never felt the need to spend the money as a basic
    firewire card does the job so well. I recently (yesterday) bought a new
    video card (Nvidia 6800) and did not go for the VIVO as I see no need for
    it.

    "aceface10810" <allisamar@mweb.co.za> wrote in message
    > Thanks for your reply Pete D , I will want to caputre from anolog vcr as
    > well that is why I am considering the gigabyte ATI 9600XT because it has
    > VIVO but as I asked will I be able to edit in real time with this card as
    > said I have on board firewire sowith this card will I need to get what
    > they
    > are calling a video capture card to edit in real time preview from the
    > time
    > line or will this card do the trick

Tuner Cards Graphics Cards Graphics