Remote Desktop quit working

I have Windows XP and have been accessing it through
Remote Desktop for months. Suddenly it quit working.
The port 3389 is showing open, terminal services is
running and my user account has permission to access my
computer through TS/RDP. When I try to access it through
the client, it times out and complains "The Client could
not connect to the remote computer..."

Any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about remote desktop quit working

    I was having the same issue, it was happening every couple of weeks. After attempting to connect about 40 times today I tried this.

    It does not seem logical, but it did work for me today. Believe it or not, when I minmize my connect window my login screen appears within a few seconds and allows me login, while maximized i can't connect at all and get the same error message?

    "Anne" wrote:

    > I have Windows XP and have been accessing it through
    > Remote Desktop for months. Suddenly it quit working.
    > The port 3389 is showing open, terminal services is
    > running and my user account has permission to access my
    > computer through TS/RDP. When I try to access it through
    > the client, it times out and complains "The Client could
    > not connect to the remote computer..."
    >
    > Any ideas?

Remote Desktop Computers Windows XP