VPN connetion stops automatically

Hello,
From home,I am using a vpn link to connect to my office
exchange server to read my e-mail.
It was working fine until I install a Wireless network(
Linksys Wireless-G broadband router) at home.
The problem is:
Now when I connect the vpn successfully but it disconnects
automatically about 30 seconds after. On the server side,
the event viewer displays:"...The reason for disconnecting
was user request". I did request the disconnection and can
not read my messages within 30 seconds.

Please advise and Thanks for your assistance.

Is firewall enabled on your VPN client machine? What is the OS?
What is the firmware version on the router?

It is observed with firewall enabled and a particular firware version of the
router results in drop of packets and hence the connection.

--
Thanks
Chetan

"Isene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> From home,I am using a vpn link to connect to my office
> exchange server to read my e-mail.
> It was working fine until I install a Wireless network(
> Linksys Wireless-G broadband router) at home.
> The problem is:
> Now when I connect the vpn successfully but it disconnects
> automatically about 30 seconds after. On the server side,
> the event viewer displays:"...The reason for disconnecting
> was user request". I did request the disconnection and can
> not read my messages within 30 seconds.
>

> Please advise and Thanks for your assistance.

Some clarification required - You wrote - "I did request the disconnection
and can
not read my messages within 30 seconds". I assume it to be a typo.

What is the 'idle time before hanging up' option set to (Properties ->
Options). If it is set to 30 secs or lower value you need to set it to
higher value (or to 'never').

Hope that helps,
Thanks,
Dinesh.