After ROM upgrade, SD card doesnt work on 2210

May 22, 2004 6:03:50 PM

I once had a problem with my SD card I plugged it in my computers card
reader, formatted it and stuck it back in my ipaq2210 but now that i
upgraded the 2210 the card does not work on my 2210 it doesnt even read
it... like if it wasnt there, i did the same (foramatted it) and nothing
happens when its in my 2210,

I tried all the upgrades on the microsoft site.. anyone have this problem?
the sd card is from HP
Anonymous
May 22, 2004 6:45:14 PM

Yes I did the SDIO update and yes it was specific to 2210

"Michael P" <MP1984@aol.com> wrote in message
> I once had a problem with my SD card I plugged it in my computers card
> reader, formatted it and stuck it back in my ipaq2210 but now that i
> upgraded the 2210 the card does not work on my 2210 it doesnt even read
> it... like if it wasnt there, i did the same (foramatted it) and nothing
> happens when its in my 2210,
>
> I tried all the upgrades on the microsoft site.. anyone have this problem?
> the sd card is from HP

May 22, 2004 6:58:11 PM

Did you perform the ROM update and the SDIO update with the card in or out
of the slot? Both updates should be applied with the card out of the slot;
competing the updates with the card in seems to exacerbate any problems.
There are also a number of reports about problems with Sandisk SD cards when
used with the 2210. What brand is the card? Have you tried another card in
the slot? FWIW, I've had no problems with the SD slot after installing the
updates.

> Yes I did the SDIO update and yes it was specific to 2210
>

> "Michael P" <MP1984@aol.com> wrote in message
> > I once had a problem with my SD card I plugged it in my computers card
> > reader, formatted it and stuck it back in my ipaq2210 but now that i
> > upgraded the 2210 the card does not work on my 2210 it doesnt even read
> > it... like if it wasnt there, i did the same (foramatted it) and
nothing
> > happens when its in my 2210,
> >
> > I tried all the upgrades on the microsoft site.. anyone have this
problem?
> > the sd card is from HP

May 22, 2004 11:17:33 PM

"Michael P" <MP1984@aol.com> wrote in message
> I once had a problem with my SD card I plugged it in my computers card
> reader, formatted it and stuck it back in my ipaq2210 but now that i
> upgraded the 2210 the card does not work on my 2210 it doesnt even read
> it... like if it wasnt there, i did the same (foramatted it) and nothing
> happens when its in my 2210,
>
> I tried all the upgrades on the microsoft site.. anyone have this problem?
> the sd card is from HP

I think you need this:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/handhelds/us/do...

HTH,

Flib
Anonymous
May 24, 2004 6:03:00 AM

There's a known bug in File Explorer that will cause the same problem.
Third party file managers like Resco or Total Commander don't have
this problem so if the error you're getting is only in File Explorer
then this is your problem.

Fix:
#1) remove the CF or SD card
#2) soft reset the PDA (to make sure the File Explorer process is
stopped - not just window closed)
#3) Run any Registry editor program, and look for
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\File Explorer"
#4) You will see a "StorageCardPath" value (containing "\CF Card" or
"\SD Card"). Delete it.

Now run "File Explorer", and all should be working fine again
[when you insert the CF/SD Card it will become visible, the
StorageCardPath will be regenerated]
Depending on how you use the File Explorer with your CF/SD card, the
problem may occur again, if so repeat the above registry fix.

On Sat, 22 May 2004 14:58:11 -0700, "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote:

>Did you perform the ROM update and the SDIO update with the card in or out
>of the slot? Both updates should be applied with the card out of the slot;
>competing the updates with the card in seems to exacerbate any problems.
>There are also a number of reports about problems with Sandisk SD cards when
>used with the 2210. What brand is the card? Have you tried another card in
>the slot? FWIW, I've had no problems with the SD slot after installing the
>updates.
>
>"Michael P" <MP1984@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Yes I did the SDIO update and yes it was specific to 2210
>>

>> "Michael P" <MP1984@aol.com> wrote in message
>> > I once had a problem with my SD card I plugged it in my computers card
>> > reader, formatted it and stuck it back in my ipaq2210 but now that i
>> > upgraded the 2210 the card does not work on my 2210 it doesnt even read
>> > it... like if it wasnt there, i did the same (foramatted it) and
>nothing
>> > happens when its in my 2210,
>> >
>> > I tried all the upgrades on the microsoft site.. anyone have this
>problem?
>> > the sd card is from HP

James Kendrick
www.pocketpctools.com
.....using mobile devices since they weighed 30 lbs.
!