TV playback from PC

I need to play back ripped DVD's or other video files to a large
screen TV that has S-Video or composite input only. The output of my
ATI AIW 9600 card is less than aceptable. What do I need to play back
"DVD quality" video from my PC to the TV? Would a PCI card MPEG
decoder do the trick? Any recommendations?

Dale

AnthonyR

"Dale Geffs" <dgeffs@swbell.net> wrote in message
>I need to play back ripped DVD's or other video files to a large
> screen TV that has S-Video or composite input only. The output of my
> ATI AIW 9600 card is less than aceptable. What do I need to play back
> "DVD quality" video from my PC to the TV? Would a PCI card MPEG
> decoder do the trick? Any recommendations?
>
> Dale

Dale,
When you say the output of your AIW 9600 is less than acceptable, so you
mean it doesn't
look good with even good videos?
The reason I ask is because most web compressed video, is low resolution so
when it's played on an ntsc monitor, especially a large screen tv, it will
look bad no mater what connection is used.
Just a thought,

AnthonyR

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:49:14 GMT, Dale Geffs <dgeffs@swbell.net>
wrote:

>I need to play back ripped DVD's or other video files to a large
>screen TV that has S-Video or composite input only. The output of my
>ATI AIW 9600 card is less than aceptable. What do I need to play back
>"DVD quality" video from my PC to the TV? Would a PCI card MPEG
>decoder do the trick? Any recommendations?

How's the quality when you play a commercial DVD movie on your laptop,
displaying on the large screen?

It doesn't look as good as when played from a stand alone DVD player.
It's not as sharp.