Trouble setting up offline files

Unable to set up offline files. I have a functioning LAN
at home and need to set up offline files for
synchronization. I follow instructions in MS Knowledge
Base article 307835 but see no "Offline files tab"
referenced step 3 of this article. I have disabled fast
user switching on both the client and server.

Any advice greatly appeciated.

EG
6 answers Last reply
More about trouble setting offline files

    Are you using XP Home? It doesn't have offline files...
    A better option in my opinion, anyway - www.centered.com

    Eric Graig wrote:
    > Unable to set up offline files. I have a functioning LAN
    > at home and need to set up offline files for
    > synchronization. I follow instructions in MS Knowledge
    > Base article 307835 but see no "Offline files tab"
    > referenced step 3 of this article. I have disabled fast
    > user switching on both the client and server.
    >
    > Any advice greatly appeciated.
    >
    > EG

    Well gee, you'd think that the help files that came with
    my XP home machine would say that offline files onl works
    with XP pro!

    I will look into centered.com.

    EG

    There was some confusion that actually hasn't been more specifically
    defined by MS related to offline files... :(

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 05:01:26 -0700, "Eric"

    >Well gee, you'd think that the help files that came with
    >my XP home machine would say that offline files onl works
    >with XP pro!
    >
    >I will look into centered.com.
    >
    >EG

    That is annoying--you might let Microsoft know. This has been bugged and
    complained about as long as the product has been released. Not only is that
    reference in the Home help file, but all of that help file is available on
    Microsoft's web site, and thus a possible reference for a prospective
    purchaser.

    The comparison charts and feature references at Microsofts web site do get
    this correct, though.

    "Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Well gee, you'd think that the help files that came with
    > my XP home machine would say that offline files onl works
    > with XP pro!
    >
    > I will look into centered.com.
    >
    > EG

    Hi everyone!

    I am using the Pro version ( I checked!). I have checked the boxes as
    described in articles and help sections. I still see no "make files available
    offline"-tab!

    Any suggestions?

    The strange thing is, it used to work, but I had to re-install my machine.

    Thanks!

    /flix

    "Bill Sanderson" wrote:

    > That is annoying--you might let Microsoft know. This has been bugged and
    > complained about as long as the product has been released. Not only is that
    > reference in the Home help file, but all of that help file is available on
    > Microsoft's web site, and thus a possible reference for a prospective
    > purchaser.
    >
    > The comparison charts and feature references at Microsofts web site do get
    > this correct, though.
    >

    > "Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Well gee, you'd think that the help files that came with
    > > my XP home machine would say that offline files onl works
    > > with XP pro!
    > >
    > > I will look into centered.com.
    > >
    > > EG

    Have you reinstalled Service Packs after the reinstall?

Microsoft Windows XP