I have two workstations I am trying to connect to remotely via Remote Desktop. I can connect to WS01 with no problem using WS02. When I try to connect WS02 using WS01 the login screen appears, I attempt to authenticate, the screen goes blank, and the connection times out. These workstations are nearly identical in respect to the installed hardware and software.

I am at wits end as to why it will work one way and not the other.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Any error message?

Do you have the latest video driver for each system installed?

Anything in the Event Log of interest?

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"JMB296" <JMB296@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two workstations I am trying to connect to remotely via Remote Desktop. I can connect to
>WS01 with no problem using WS02. When I try to connect WS02 using WS01 the login screen appears, I
>attempt to authenticate, the screen goes blank, and the connection times out. These workstations
>are nearly identical in respect to the installed hardware and software.
>
> I am at wits end as to why it will work one way and not the other.
>
> Any help is deeply appreciated.

---