FCP HD...capture settings

my scratch disk is 20gigs....but when i try to capture video through a
fire wire, my disk fills up immediately....is this a camera setting or
a sopftware FCP setting...

In article <bc01413f.0410191917.35e08716@posting.google.com>, mikeA says...

>my scratch disk is 20gigs....but when i try to capture video through a
>fire wire, my disk fills up immediately....is this a camera setting or
>a sopftware FCP setting...

You didn't tell what version you're using, for me 4.0 had a bug which said
when I started the capture, the disk was full, although there were 60 gigs
of room left. It might have something to do with user access-rights under
OS-X. But updating to v4.5 solved it for me too.

cheers

-martin-

--
My e-mail address is a frequently changing random one to pollute spammer's
databases. I all encourage you to do the same :)

"mikeA" <mike_adamucci@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> my scratch disk is 20gigs....but when i try to capture video through a
> fire wire, my disk fills up immediately....is this a camera setting or
> a sopftware FCP setting...

empty your trash?