Drawing on individual frames?

Is there a software for DV that allows you to draw directly on the video
frames without having to export as filmstrip (.flm file) to Photoshop
like Premiere 6?

Thanks!

Rio

> Is there a software for DV that allows you to draw directly on the video
> frames without having to export as filmstrip (.flm file) to Photoshop
> like Premiere 6?

After Effect does, Combustion also does it... if I remember Edit Studio from
ULEAD has some rotoscoping (that's the name) functions...

--
rIO.sK

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

"G.I.O." <tfg1@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Is there a software for DV that allows you to draw directly on the video
>frames without having to export as filmstrip (.flm file) to Photoshop
>like Premiere 6?
>
>Thanks!

Take a look at Ulead Media Studio (video editor)
www.ulead.com
There is a painting/drawing type program that comes with this package.
You should find full details are the Ulead site. The manual can be
downloaded to look at.

Regards Brian

you might also want to look at "Mirage", which previously was NewTek's
"Aura", IIRC.

In article <4176B927.7A3262EB@mindspring.com>,
"G.I.O." <tfg1@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Is there a software for DV that allows you to draw directly on the video
> frames without having to export as filmstrip (.flm file) to Photoshop
> like Premiere 6?
>
> Thanks!

The process is known as "rotoscoping" - do a Google search on it and
you'll find many of programs with the capability.