Pioneer lowers price on DVRA08 burner

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video (More info?)

Pioneer announces a MAJOR price drop and new $30 mail in rebate for
the DVR-A08 16x16 Dual Layer DVD Burner!

The price drop brings the top rated DVRA08 down to $119.95 after
rebate. The DVRA08 is available in your choice of black, beige or
silve bezil. It is the worlds only true 16x +R / 16x -R DVD burner on
the market. It is also the worlds fastest dual layer DVD+R burner,
capable of 4x burning speeds on approved 2.4x 8.5GB dual layer media.
This same technology allow the DVR-A08 to burn recommended 8x media at
up to 16x burn speeds!

As an added bonus Videoguys includes a FREE Verbatim Double Layer
Solution Kit ($17.50 value - includes: 1 DVD+R DL 2.4X, 8 DVD+R 8X, 1
DVD+RW 4X) with each DVRA08 burner.

We have also lowered the price on our DVRA08 & Sonic DVDit! 5
Authoring Bundles to $299.95 (after rebate).

We are also announcing a new Promotional DVD training bundle that
includes the DVR-A08, Verbatim Dual Layer Solution kit & COD DVDfyi
training for $179.95 after rebate!!

The Class On Demand DVD fyi training is the ultimate resource for
anyone involved in DVD Authoring! In over 6 hours of tutorials, you
will finally have the answers to your most problematic DVD compression
and authoring questions. You will learn everything you wanted to know
about the DVD specification and how to apply that knowledge to
programs you already own, as well as the software included with the
DVR-A08 burner.

Click here for more info and to order
http://www.videoguys.com/pioneer.html

Gary
Videoguys.com 800 323-2325
We are the Digital Video Editing & DVD Production Experts!
For all the latest NLE,DVD & HDV news check out the Videoguys Blog http://www.videoguys.com/blog/

Gary Bettan wrote:
> Pioneer announces a MAJOR price drop and new $30 mail in rebate for
> the DVR-A08 16x16 Dual Layer DVD Burner!

It says in there that you offer a set of tutorials on disc. Disc 3 is
supposed to be about DVDit, but it doesn't say which version. Can you
tell us?

Gary Eickmeier

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video (More info?)

>It says in there that you offer a set of tutorials on disc. Disc 3 is
>supposed to be about DVDit, but it doesn't say which version. Can you
>tell us?

The DVDit! training is not for version 5. At the time the DVD was
being produced, DVDit!5 was not available. Many of the tutorials in
that section are still useful for the current version of DVDit!

Gary Bettan wrote:

>>It says in there that you offer a set of tutorials on disc. Disc 3 is
>>supposed to be about DVDit, but it doesn't say which version. Can you
>>tell us?
>

> The DVDit! training is not for version 5. At the time the DVD was
> being produced, DVDit!5 was not available. Many of the tutorials in
> that section are still useful for the current version of DVDit!

OK, thanks. A few people have been asking about training for version 5.

PS - what in blazes is a $4500 DVD recorder for?

Gary Eickmeier

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video (More info?)

gary@videoguys.com (Gary Bettan) wrote in

> Pioneer announces a MAJOR price drop and new $30 mail in rebate for
> the DVR-A08 16x16 Dual Layer DVD Burner!
>
> The price drop brings the top rated DVRA08 down to $119.95 after
> rebate. The DVRA08 is available in your choice of black, beige or
> silve bezil. It is the worlds only true 16x +R / 16x -R DVD burner on
> the market. It is also the worlds fastest dual layer DVD+R burner,
> capable of 4x burning speeds on approved 2.4x 8.5GB dual layer media.
> This same technology allow the DVR-A08 to burn recommended 8x media at
> up to 16x burn speeds!
>
> As an added bonus Videoguys includes a FREE Verbatim Double Layer
> Solution Kit ($17.50 value - includes: 1 DVD+R DL 2.4X, 8 DVD+R 8X, 1
> DVD+RW 4X) with each DVRA08 burner.
>
> We have also lowered the price on our DVRA08 & Sonic DVDit! 5
> Authoring Bundles to $299.95 (after rebate).
>
> We are also announcing a new Promotional DVD training bundle that
> includes the DVR-A08, Verbatim Dual Layer Solution kit & COD DVDfyi
> training for $179.95 after rebate!!
>
> The Class On Demand DVD fyi training is the ultimate resource for
> anyone involved in DVD Authoring! In over 6 hours of tutorials, you
> will finally have the answers to your most problematic DVD compression
> and authoring questions. You will learn everything you wanted to know
> about the DVD specification and how to apply that knowledge to
> programs you already own, as well as the software included with the
> DVR-A08 burner.
>
> Click here for more info and to order
> http://www.videoguys.com/pioneer.html
>
> Gary
> Videoguys.com 800 323-2325
> We are the Digital Video Editing & DVD Production Experts!
> For all the latest NLE,DVD & HDV news check out the Videoguys Blog
> http://www.videoguys.com/blog/

Was thinking of asking for this drive as a Christmas gift and have some
questions:

Is dual layer media avialable? I looked at CompUSA.com for the drive and
could not find any media.
Will current s/w (esp. Vegas5+DVD) see the increased capacity of the
dual layer media?
Will a DVD authored and burned to dual layer media be readable in DVD
players that play current single layer discs?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Wilcox wrote:

> Was thinking of asking for this drive as a Christmas gift and have
> some questions:
>
> Is dual layer media avialable? I looked at CompUSA.com for the drive
> and could not find any media.

Meritline is selling DVD+R media )Ritek, Verbatim & Piodata brands) at
http://www.meritline.com/dvd-r-double-dual-layer-dvdplusr-dl.html

> Will current s/w (esp. Vegas5+DVD) see the increased capacity of the
> dual layer media?

I doubt it very much. Sony is slow to update DVDA's capabilities. For that
reason, the use of an external program such as RecordNow, Nero or Roxio is
recommended. I use DVDA to "prepare" the VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS folders but
use RecordNow to do the actual burning.

> Will a DVD authored and burned to dual layer media be readable in DVD
> players that play current single layer discs?

I see no reason why they shouldn't but it's best to do some tests/research
first. For example, http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers lists 35 different
makes/models of players supporting dual layer.

Mike

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video (More info?)

Me, being an "inexpert", finding that since cd-recorders work at 95% of
times, dvd burners working considerably less, not mentioning percentage.The
cd burner I own has burned, maybe, a 100 discs and destroyed a couple.Not to
mention compatibility issues with DVD+-RW etc.which remind me of the battle
of the video formats back in '82.I thought we were done, and now all over
from start!

--
Dimitris Tzortzakakis,Iraklion Crete,Greece
major in electrical engineering-freelance electrician
> Pioneer announces a MAJOR price drop and new $30 mail in rebate for
> the DVR-A08 16x16 Dual Layer DVD Burner!
>
> The price drop brings the top rated DVRA08 down to $119.95 after
> rebate. The DVRA08 is available in your choice of black, beige or
> silve bezil. It is the worlds only true 16x +R / 16x -R DVD burner on
> the market. It is also the worlds fastest dual layer DVD+R burner,
> capable of 4x burning speeds on approved 2.4x 8.5GB dual layer media.
> This same technology allow the DVR-A08 to burn recommended 8x media at
> up to 16x burn speeds!
>
> As an added bonus Videoguys includes a FREE Verbatim Double Layer
> Solution Kit ($17.50 value - includes: 1 DVD+R DL 2.4X, 8 DVD+R 8X, 1
> DVD+RW 4X) with each DVRA08 burner.
>
> We have also lowered the price on our DVRA08 & Sonic DVDit! 5
> Authoring Bundles to $299.95 (after rebate).
>
> We are also announcing a new Promotional DVD training bundle that
> includes the DVR-A08, Verbatim Dual Layer Solution kit & COD DVDfyi
> training for $179.95 after rebate!!
>
> The Class On Demand DVD fyi training is the ultimate resource for
> anyone involved in DVD Authoring! In over 6 hours of tutorials, you
> will finally have the answers to your most problematic DVD compression
> and authoring questions. You will learn everything you wanted to know
> about the DVD specification and how to apply that knowledge to
> programs you already own, as well as the software included with the
> DVR-A08 burner.
>
> Click here for more info and to order
> http://www.videoguys.com/pioneer.html
>
> Gary
> Videoguys.com 800 323-2325
> We are the Digital Video Editing & DVD Production Experts!
> For all the latest NLE,DVD & HDV news check out the Videoguys Blog
http://www.videoguys.com/blog/

TRENDING THREADS