Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

My office has tightened security on it's computer system. I'm trying to use
their WIN2000 computer through the RDC web interface to connect to my WINXP
home computer. When I get the log in web page, the "Connect" button does
not work. There is no action performed when I press it. I can connect to
my home machine from other computers (not office computers) in this manner
so I think the problem is office related. Is there any work around or other
option to do this?

Thanks,
Jerry

Any public service that allows you to get around this restriction will be
blocked as soon as the service is widely used.

Best bet is to talk to your IT people and ask them to open it up for your PC
and not the whole office. They can forward an external port to your PC with
no problem.

"Jerry" <general-mail@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
> My office has tightened security on it's computer system. I'm trying to
use
> their WIN2000 computer through the RDC web interface to connect to my
WINXP
> home computer. When I get the log in web page, the "Connect" button does
> not work. There is no action performed when I press it. I can connect to
> my home machine from other computers (not office computers) in this manner
> so I think the problem is office related. Is there any work around or
other
> option to do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Jerry

You need to have Administrative priveleges to install and use the
ActiveX control needed for the RD web connection...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com