Sign in with
Your question

CANT BURN ANYTHING!!!

Last response: in Windows 7
January 2, 2011 11:04:02 PM

I HAVE UGRADED MY WINDOW VISTA TO WINDOWS 7 AND NOW I CANT BURN ANY CDS AT ALL. I TRIED TO INSTALL THE FIRMWARE AGAIN FROM MY PC WEBSITE. BY THE WAY I HAVE A SONY VAIO VGNN32OE AND IT WONT SHOW ME ANYTHING FOR WINDOWS 7. I HAVE UNINSTALLED IT ANT LET IT REINSTALL IT BY ITSELF AND STIL NOTHING. THE HARDWARE THAT I AM USING IS A MATSHITA DVD RW UJ-875S AND I TRIED THE WINDOWS SOLUTION FIX IT GUY AND HE SAID HE FIXED IT BUT IT DIDNT. MY BURNER USED TO WORK WHEN I HAD WINDOWS VISTA. I DONT LIKE WINDOWS 7 AT ALLL. SO IF SOMEONE COULD TELL ME HOW TO CHANGE IT BACK TOO I JUST UPGRADED FROM VISTA AND I CANT AFFORD TO GO OUT AND BUY THE WINDOES VISTA OPERATING SYSTEM AGAIN. PLEAS HELP ME

More about : burn

a b \ Driver
a c 411 $ Windows 7
January 3, 2011 1:36:51 AM

do you have a vista oem sticker on your rig!
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
January 3, 2011 3:15:54 AM

Please turn off your caps lock, it's considered rude and it's hard to read.
Trouble with burning cd's could be the program you are using is incomapatible with W7.
W7 has basic burning software built in that you can try, or download one of the free one's.
You should give w7 a chance it's much better then Vista.
But if you insist, the only way is if you upgraded without formatting the drive and have a folder called Windows.old on your c: drive, otherwise your other option is to use the Sony recovery partition.
Go to Microsoft support for information on uninstalling. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971762
m
l
January 4, 2011 4:49:56 AM

Sorry about the caps thing I am just lazy and dont like to shift everytime I need to capitalize I guess. so maybe you are right I was just real real frustrated cause I have tried alot of things to fix this thing and it still just wont work. you said to download burning software , where can I obtain that for free? oh and I have tried burning a disc on different programs that I have installed on my pc like sonic manager, windows media(regular one), windows media center(the one that has the green icon), and even just dragging it over to the window , you know like writing files to a disc too?would the burn software work for the whole pc or just the program that it comes with? I dont know if you know what I mean or if I even make sense, but I hope that you can help me. Thanks .
m
l
Related resources
!