Video Monitor Interference Lines - Get Rid Of?....

I have a SVHS monitor hooked up to my camcorder which is in turn hooked up
to my firewire port, I use the monitor to edit DV.

I have faint scrolling lines of interference moving corner to corner which
are quite annoying...is it electric? Do I need to get something on the AC
plug? Granted I have lots of wires and computer stuff but all that is
running over to the monitor is a heavy duty monster cable.

Any suggestions on eliminating this? Thanks!

Frank

>I have a SVHS monitor hooked up to my camcorder which is in turn hooked up
>to my firewire port, I use the monitor to edit DV.
>
>I have faint scrolling lines of interference moving corner to corner which
>are quite annoying...is it electric? Do I need to get something on the AC
>plug? Granted I have lots of wires and computer stuff but all that is
>running over to the monitor is a heavy duty monster cable.
>
>Any suggestions on eliminating this? Thanks!
>
>Frank

Are the lines there when the camcorder isn't connected?

Are the lines there when the cable is connected to the monitor but not the
camcorder?

Are the lines there when camcorder is connected but not turned on?

Are the lines there when you are using a different cable? (Don't know how much
you paid for the "Monster" cable, but you got SCREWED.)

SVHS Monitor? Are the lines there when you wiggle the video input connector
and all the controls?

Are the lines there of changed when the monitor is connected to a different
source?

Are the lines there when the camcorder is connected to a different monitor?

Are the lines there in (SVHS) monitor when it is connected to a different
video source (another camcorder/VCR/tuner)?

Answer all these and you'll probably solve the problem yourself.

webpa

Check your grounding of the monitor in relation to the rest of the system.
TRy lifting it.