Remote Desktop Web Connection Problems

I can't seem to access my computer using the web
connection method - I can access my computer from other
computers on the network by using the non-web version but
I can't access it from any computer using the web version.

I go to the thing you're meant to go to
(http://ipaddress:port/tsweb) but I get the message that
I'm now authorized to view this page. Anybody know how to
fix this problem?

Try accessing it locally (i.e., http://localhost:port/tsweb). Do you
see it there? If so, then the problem is probably with your ISP...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 06:29:02 -0700, "Super Sam"
<supersammyfluff@msn.com> wrote:

>I can't seem to access my computer using the web
>connection method - I can access my computer from other
>computers on the network by using the non-web version but
>I can't access it from any computer using the web version.
>
>I go to the thing you're meant to go to
>(http://ipaddress:port/tsweb) but I get the message that
>I'm now authorized to view this page. Anybody know how to
>fix this problem?

Okay, but I don't know what a localhost is. What is it?

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

> Try accessing it locally (i.e., http://localhost:port/tsweb). Do you
> see it there? If so, then the problem is probably with your ISP...
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

> On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 06:29:02 -0700, "Super Sam"
> <supersammyfluff@msn.com> wrote:
>
> >I can't seem to access my computer using the web
> >connection method - I can access my computer from other
> >computers on the network by using the non-web version but
> >I can't access it from any computer using the web version.
> >
> >I go to the thing you're meant to go to
> >(http://ipaddress:port/tsweb) but I get the message that
> >I'm now authorized to view this page. Anybody know how to
> >fix this problem?

LOCALHOST is the name of the loopback interface for your connection
(127.0.0.1). In simpler terms, it refers directly back to your
computer... If you cannot get to the site by using
http://localhost/tsweb (add port # if necessary), then your IIS
install is not working properly.

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 18:35:01 -0700, Super Sam <Super
Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Okay, but I don't know what a localhost is. What is it?
>
>"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Try accessing it locally (i.e., http://localhost:port/tsweb). Do you
>> see it there? If so, then the problem is probably with your ISP...
>>
>> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
>> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>>
>> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>> be answered depending on time availability....
>>
>> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>
>> On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 06:29:02 -0700, "Super Sam"
>> <supersammyfluff@msn.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I can't seem to access my computer using the web
>> >connection method - I can access my computer from other
>> >computers on the network by using the non-web version but
>> >I can't access it from any computer using the web version.
>> >
>> >I go to the thing you're meant to go to
>> >(http://ipaddress:port/tsweb) but I get the message that
>> >I'm now authorized to view this page. Anybody know how to
>> >fix this problem?

Skip

Jeff,
I know this isn't my thread, but I tried what you had suggested and I
only get the page not found.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Dan

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 18:35:01 -0700, Super Sam <Super
Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Okay, but I don't know what a localhost is. What is it?
>
>"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Try accessing it locally (i.e., http://localhost:port/tsweb). Do you
>> see it there? If so, then the problem is probably with your ISP...
>>
>> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
>> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>>
>> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>> be answered depending on time availability....
>>
>> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>
>> On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 06:29:02 -0700, "Super Sam"
>> <supersammyfluff@msn.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I can't seem to access my computer using the web
>> >connection method - I can access my computer from other
>> >computers on the network by using the non-web version but
>> >I can't access it from any computer using the web version.
>> >
>> >I go to the thing you're meant to go to
>> >(http://ipaddress:port/tsweb) but I get the message that
>> >I'm now authorized to view this page. Anybody know how to
>> >fix this problem?

If you don't get a page when using http://localhost, then you do not
have IIS configured properly...

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:37:52 GMT, skip <dan@ydeletethis.com> wrote:

>Jeff,
>I know this isn't my thread, but I tried what you had suggested and I
>only get the page not found.
>Any ideas?
>Thanks.
>Dan
>
>On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 18:35:01 -0700, Super Sam <Super
>Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Okay, but I don't know what a localhost is. What is it?
>>
>>"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
>>
>>> Try accessing it locally (i.e., http://localhost:port/tsweb). Do you
>>> see it there? If so, then the problem is probably with your ISP...
>>>
>>> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
>>> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>>>
>>> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>>> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>>> be answered depending on time availability....
>>>
>>> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>>> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>>> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

Skip

Jeff,
I have IIS installed but I guess it isn't work right, to reinstall it
all I have to do is just run the install program again. Right?

Dan (Still going in circles)

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 20:09:39 -0500, "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)"
<jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote:

>If you don't get a page when using http://localhost, then you do not
>have IIS configured properly...
>
>Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
>jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>
>Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>be answered depending on time availability....
>
>Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>
>On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:37:52 GMT, skip <dan@ydeletethis.com> wrote:
>
>>Jeff,
>>I know this isn't my thread, but I tried what you had suggested and I
>>only get the page not found.
>>Any ideas?
>>Thanks.
>>Dan
>>
>>On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 18:35:01 -0700, Super Sam <Super
>>Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Okay, but I don't know what a localhost is. What is it?

Yep.. Actually, remove it then install it again...

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 03:06:22 GMT, skip <dan@ydeletethis.com> wrote:

>Jeff,
> I have IIS installed but I guess it isn't work right, to reinstall it
>all I have to do is just run the install program again. Right?
>
>Dan (Still going in circles)
>

>On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 20:09:39 -0500, "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)"
><jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote:
>
>>If you don't get a page when using http://localhost, then you do not
>>have IIS configured properly...
>>
>>Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
>>jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>>
>>Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>>of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>>be answered depending on time availability....
>>
>>Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>>http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>>Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>
>>On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:37:52 GMT, skip <dan@ydeletethis.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Jeff,
>>>I know this isn't my thread, but I tried what you had suggested and I
>>>only get the page not found.
>>>Any ideas?
>>>Thanks.
>>>Dan

Sorry to be a pain, but how do you find out your localhost?

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

> LOCALHOST is the name of the loopback interface for your connection
> (127.0.0.1). In simpler terms, it refers directly back to your
> computer... If you cannot get to the site by using
> http://localhost/tsweb (add port # if necessary), then your IIS
> install is not working properly.
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

> On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 18:35:01 -0700, Super Sam <Super
> Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Okay, but I don't know what a localhost is. What is it?
> >
> >"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> Try accessing it locally (i.e., http://localhost:port/tsweb). Do you
> >> see it there? If so, then the problem is probably with your ISP...
> >>
> >> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
> >> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
> >>
> >> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
> >> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
> >> be answered depending on time availability....
> >>
> >> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
> >> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
> >> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

LOCALHOST is only available on your local computer and always resolves
to 127.0.0.1

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 17:55:01 -0700, Super Sam
<SuperSam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Sorry to be a pain, but how do you find out your localhost?
>
>"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
>
>> LOCALHOST is the name of the loopback interface for your connection
>> (127.0.0.1). In simpler terms, it refers directly back to your
>> computer... If you cannot get to the site by using
>> http://localhost/tsweb (add port # if necessary), then your IIS
>> install is not working properly.
>>
>> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
>> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>>
>> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>> be answered depending on time availability....
>>
>> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>
>> On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 18:35:01 -0700, Super Sam <Super
>> Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Okay, but I don't know what a localhost is. What is it?

Skip

Jeff,
I uninstalled both the IIS and the RDC, rebooted, deleted any left
over files, rebooted and then reloaded the IIS and remote destop,
rebooted.
I then ran a program "tswebsetup.exe". Rebooted. I then opened the
browser window and enter 192.168.xxx.xxx and got the following error
and it was repeated through the whole page.

"as timed out. Please try connecting to the remote computer
again." const L_DisconnectIdleTimeout_ErrorMessage = "The remote
session was ended because the idle timeout limit was reached. This
limit is set by the server administrator or by network policies."
const L_DisconnectLogonTimeout_ErrorMessage ="The remote session ended
because the total logon time limit was reached. This limit is set by
the server administrator or by network policies." const
L_ProtocolErrWITHCODE_ErrorMessage = "Client disconnected due to
internal protocol error: " const L_LicensingTimeout_ErrorMessage = "A
licensing error occurred while the client was attempting to connect
(Licensing timed out).Please try connecting to the remote computer
again." const L_LicensingNegotFailed_ErrorMessage = "The remote
computer disconnected the session because of an error in the licensing
protocol.Please try connecting to the remote computer again or contact
your server administrator." const
L_DisconnectRemoteByServerTool_ErrorMessage = "The remote session to
the remote computer was ended by means of an administration tool.Your
administrator might have ended your connection." const
L_LogoffRemoteByServer_ErrorMessage = "The remote session was
disconnected because your session was logged off at the remote
computer.Your administrator or another user might have ended your
connection." const "

If I enter the 127.0.0.1/tsweb I get the same error. If I enter
12.0.0.1/tsweb I received same error.

I really hate to be a bother, but I am not starting to run against a
restricted time and have to get this web to work as soon as possible.

Any other help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Dan (Still going in circles)

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:25:08 -0500, "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)"
<jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote:

>Yep.. Actually, remove it then install it again...
>
>Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
>jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>
>Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>be answered depending on time availability....
>
>Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>
>On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 03:06:22 GMT, skip <dan@ydeletethis.com> wrote:
>
>>Jeff,
>> I have IIS installed but I guess it isn't work right, to reinstall it
>>all I have to do is just run the install program again. Right?
>>
>>Dan (Still going in circles)
>>

>>On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 20:09:39 -0500, "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)"
>><jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote:
>>
>>>If you don't get a page when using http://localhost, then you do not
>>>have IIS configured properly...
>>>
>>>Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
>>>jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>>>
>>>Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>>>of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>>>be answered depending on time availability....
>>>
>>>Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>>>http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>>>Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

Try to have someone else open up this web page.. Either your browser
is not parsing the script commands or the IIS install is seriosly
hosed...

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 03:47:56 GMT, skip <dan@ydeletethis.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
>Dan (Still going in circles)
>
>On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:25:08 -0500, "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)"
><jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote:
>
>>Yep.. Actually, remove it then install it again...
>>
>>Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
>>jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>>
>>Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>>of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>>be answered depending on time availability....
>>
>>Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>>http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>>Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>
>>On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 03:06:22 GMT, skip <dan@ydeletethis.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Jeff,
>>> I have IIS installed but I guess it isn't work right, to reinstall it
>>>all I have to do is just run the install program again. Right?

I tried the local host (127.0.0.1:44444/tsweb and 127.0.0.1/tsweb) but I get the message that I am not authorised to view that page. Do you know the problem?

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

> LOCALHOST is only available on your local computer and always resolves
> to 127.0.0.1
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

> On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 17:55:01 -0700, Super Sam
> <SuperSam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Sorry to be a pain, but how do you find out your localhost?
> >
> >"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> LOCALHOST is the name of the loopback interface for your connection
> >> (127.0.0.1). In simpler terms, it refers directly back to your
> >> computer... If you cannot get to the site by using
> >> http://localhost/tsweb (add port # if necessary), then your IIS
> >> install is not working properly.
> >>
> >> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
> >> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
> >>
> >> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
> >> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
> >> be answered depending on time availability....
> >>
> >> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
> >> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
> >> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

I tried the local host (127.0.0.1:44444/tsweb and 127.0.0.1/tsweb) but I get the message that I am not authorised to view that page. Do you know the problem?

I figured it out! My account settings weren't set right. Everything works fine now. Thanks for all your help!

Glad you got it to work.. :)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 04:45:02 -0700, Super Sam
<SuperSam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I figured it out! My account settings weren't set right. Everything works fine now. Thanks for all your help!

TRENDING THREADS