Remote Desktop crashing when logging in...

jake

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2001

I cannot log on to my work computer via Remote Desktop from my home computer. The following is what I know:
- I get the login screen, enter my username and password and after I press enter the screen freezes for about 30 seconds before the program closes.
- I can Remote from another computer within my company's network to my work computer with no problems
- I can Remote to other computers within my company's network from my home comptuer with no problems
- Event viewer from my work computer shows the following error: "Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network. (A socket was attempted to an unreachable host.). Group Policy processing aborted" "Event ID: 1054"
- There is passage through my company's firewall or I wouldn't get the login screen
- Other outside computers, besides my home computer, also cannot Remote to my work computer (same issue occurs).
- My work computer is a compaq desktop running Windows XP Pro.
- Some fixes I have heard of include updating video drivers, check DNS settings & running netdiag.exe (ran this @ cmd, does not recognize)

Anyone have any suggestions or known fixes?

See my response to your other posting.

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com