ATI Radeon 9200 TV-OUT (interference) - help

littleberry

The TV-OUT on my ATI Radeon 9200 (s-vhs) produces something like what
you get when you are off-channel (using an analog tuner). There is a
lot of transparant-like interference laid over on top of the picture -
and the picture
that does make it to the screen is very poor. I tried 800X600 and
640X480, as well as 1024X768, all at 60hz, and nothing changed. I
tried two difference S-vhs cables, with no change. Is there something
I need to know here to get good TV-out with the radeon 9200? Or is
this just a low-quality tv-out card? help, Littlerry

In article <bd00fe19.0410211803.3fdead26@posting.google.com>,
davsf@neto.com says...
> The TV-OUT on my ATI Radeon 9200 (s-vhs) produces something like what
> you get when you are off-channel (using an analog tuner). There is a
> lot of transparant-like interference laid over on top of the picture -
> and the picture
> that does make it to the screen is very poor. I tried 800X600 and
> 640X480, as well as 1024X768, all at 60hz, and nothing changed. I
> tried two difference S-vhs cables, with no change. Is there something
> I need to know here to get good TV-out with the radeon 9200? Or is
> this just a low-quality tv-out card? help, Littlerry

I would try another device pluged into the same port ont hat TV to see
what it does before messing around with the card. I have the same card
and it works pretty well in my PVR. How long a cable do you use? The
one it came with is about as long as you can get away with without
interference.
--
http://www.ramsays-online.com