Skip

HI All,
I finally got my RD to work, but now I need to find information on
getting my WEB to work correctly.
When I am at a distant PC and I enter http://myipaddress/tsweb I get
the first screen with the radar unit on it. I hit enter and it takes
me to my log in page. What I want to do is set up an actual WEB site
and I am looking for help in the right direction to do this. This can
be books, or online references, or even your input.

Thanks for the time

If you're talking about hosting a website on your computer, you're looking
in the wrong place w/r/t TSWeb. That's for remote desktop through a browser
session, not using the RD client.

What is it you're trying to do, exactly?

skip wrote:
> HI All,
> I finally got my RD to work, but now I need to find information on
> getting my WEB to work correctly.
> When I am at a distant PC and I enter http://myipaddress/tsweb I get
> the first screen with the radar unit on it. I hit enter and it takes
> me to my log in page. What I want to do is set up an actual WEB site
> and I am looking for help in the right direction to do this. This can
> be books, or online references, or even your input.
>
> Thanks for the time

Skip

Lanwench,
I want to set up my pc to be a web site. I am going to college and I
have to make a site. Right now, my site is with Homestead, but I
can't afford to keep paying the monthly fee. So, I thought with the
web capability of XP Pro, I can set up my site for this purpose. If
you can help, I would surely appreciate it.

Dan

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 15:31:45 -0400, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:

>If you're talking about hosting a website on your computer, you're looking
>in the wrong place w/r/t TSWeb. That's for remote desktop through a browser
>session, not using the RD client.
>
>What is it you're trying to do, exactly?
>
>skip wrote:
>> HI All,
>> I finally got my RD to work, but now I need to find information on
>> getting my WEB to work correctly.
>> When I am at a distant PC and I enter http://myipaddress/tsweb I get
>> the first screen with the radar unit on it. I hit enter and it takes
>> me to my log in page. What I want to do is set up an actual WEB site
>> and I am looking for help in the right direction to do this. This can
>> be books, or online references, or even your input.
>>
>> Thanks for the time

You can do this, but not using TSWeb - that's for remote desktop
connectivity as I said. You'll need to open up port 80 or 443 (for SSL) in
your router/firewall, and if you're on a dynamic IP with your ISP, use
something like www.dyndns.org ....