Which Video Editing Software Will Do These Things...?

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Currently I use Roxio DVD Creator software. It is okay, but does not
do a lot of things I wanted to do:

1. Fade in and fade out capability.
2. Have intro photos with a caption and title for each chapter.
3. Have more control of how the main menu will look.
4. Have a feature to list a title for each chapter if I want to.
5. Insert funny editing animation/blurring for covering people's
privates in naked or x-rated clips.

What is the best video editing software that will do all of these
things? I've heard Premier is a good one, but I am not sure if it has
all of these features I want.

Also, Roxio takes a long time to encode before burning to DVD (a one
hour DVD took over an hour to encode and only 5 mins to burn). My PC
sounded like it was going to explode (it was working so hard!). I at
least thought it was going to crash (but luckily it didn't). Should I
take my captured/edited .avi and encode it separately with TMPGenc or
something like that? Would it be faster/better quality mpeg2?

Thanks!
Larry

larry_both@hotmail.com (Larry) wrote in message news:<2b801013.0410212301.4abd6845@posting.google.com>...

> Also, Roxio takes a long time to encode before burning to DVD (a one
> hour DVD took over an hour to encode and only 5 mins to burn). My PC
> sounded like it was going to explode (it was working so hard!). I at
> least thought it was going to crash (but luckily it didn't). Should I
> take my captured/edited .avi and encode it separately with TMPGenc or
> something like that? Would it be faster/better quality mpeg2?

yes encode it separately, but then DON'T author with Roxio, use
something else, as Roxio will STILL re-encode, even though it has no
good reason to do so, at this point.

STRATEGY

> Thanks!
> Larry

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

larry_both@hotmail.com (Larry) wrote in message news:<2b801013.0410212301.4abd6845@posting.google.com>...
> Currently I use Roxio DVD Creator software. It is okay, but does not
> do a lot of things I wanted to do:
>
> 1. Fade in and fade out capability.
> 2. Have intro photos with a caption and title for each chapter.
> 3. Have more control of how the main menu will look.
> 4. Have a feature to list a title for each chapter if I want to.
> 5. Insert funny editing animation/blurring for covering people's
> privates in naked or x-rated clips.
>
> What is the best video editing software that will do all of these
> things? I've heard Premier is a good one, but I am not sure if it has
> all of these features I want.

Part of the problem is you are trying to find an all-in-one solution.

EditStudio from Pure Motion <http://www.puremotion.com> does great
editing and even has tutorials on how to do #5.

DVDLab from Mediachance <http://www.mediachance.com> is downright
AMAZING in what it does for menus.

Each focuses on doing one thing well. Both have astounding tech
support and time-limited full-featured trial versions you can
download.

Eric

Eric

On 22 Oct 2004 00:01:10 -0700, larry_both@hotmail.com (Larry) wrote:

>Currently I use Roxio DVD Creator software. It is okay, but does not
>do a lot of things I wanted to do:
>
>1. Fade in and fade out capability.
>2. Have intro photos with a caption and title for each chapter.
>3. Have more control of how the main menu will look.
>4. Have a feature to list a title for each chapter if I want to.
>5. Insert funny editing animation/blurring for covering people's
>privates in naked or x-rated clips.
>
>What is the best video editing software that will do all of these
>things? I've heard Premier is a good one, but I am not sure if it has
>all of these features I want.
>
>Also, Roxio takes a long time to encode before burning to DVD (a one
>hour DVD took over an hour to encode and only 5 mins to burn). My PC
>sounded like it was going to explode (it was working so hard!). I at
>least thought it was going to crash (but luckily it didn't). Should I
>take my captured/edited .avi and encode it separately with TMPGenc or
>something like that? Would it be faster/better quality mpeg2?

You can download trial-versions of most of the video-editing programs.
After doing so, you can find out for yourself which program can do the
things you want. Maybe there isn't anyone that can do it all, then you
can switch from one to another.

Try: Premiere from Adobe, MediaStudioPro from Ulead and Vegas from
Sony. Other posibilities: Avid, Pinnacle's Liquid.

The fastest mpeg-2 encoder seems to be the one from Cinemacraft.com,
also one of the very best.