I feel like Day of Defeat is raping me

So I'm one of the 'foolish' ones who bought the game in stores rather
than online. Now I'm being punished for that by having to pay $20
extra just to be able to play Day of Defeat. I wouldn't mind if they
had told me this upfront, but there was no indication whatsoever that
by buying the boxed version I was raping myself. What the hell, Valve?

Andrew

On 20 Sep 2005 05:48:27 -0700, "Cyde Weys" <cydeweys@gmail.com> wrote:

>So I'm one of the 'foolish' ones who bought the game in stores rather
>than online. Now I'm being punished for that by having to pay $20
>extra just to be able to play Day of Defeat. I wouldn't mind if they
>had told me this upfront, but there was no indication whatsoever that
>by buying the boxed version I was raping myself. What the hell, Valve?

Caveat Emptor.

Did you put up a fight of just lay there while it was happening???

--

"I made a mistake once when I thought
I had said something that was wrong..."

Jack Harney

Cyde Weys wrote:
> So I'm one of the 'foolish' ones who bought the game in stores rather
> than online. Now I'm being punished for that by having to pay $20
> extra just to be able to play Day of Defeat. I wouldn't mind if they
> had told me this upfront, but there was no indication whatsoever that
> by buying the boxed version I was raping myself. What the hell, Valve?

Hey at least it's in US dollars, there not worth much given the great
exchange rate... I got HL2 from a shop, cost £30 Im a bit pissed that
I'm not getting DoD:S but I can live with that. DoD:S cost me about £12
just over two packets of fags. but that says more about how expensive
fags are LOL and don't get me on the cost of fuel!!! 94p a liter!! so 12
quid for a game must be good :)

--

Regards Pendragon...
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.morrish

"TSS. Pendragon" <pendragon@tssclan.co.uk> wrote in message
> Cyde Weys wrote:
>> So I'm one of the 'foolish' ones who bought the game in stores rather
>> than online. Now I'm being punished for that by having to pay $20
>> extra just to be able to play Day of Defeat. I wouldn't mind if they
>> had told me this upfront, but there was no indication whatsoever that
>> by buying the boxed version I was raping myself. What the hell, Valve?
>>
> Hey at least it's in US dollars, there not worth much given the great
> exchange rate... I got HL2 from a shop, cost £30 Im a bit pissed that I'm
> not getting DoD:S but I can live with that. DoD:S cost me about £12 just
> over two packets of fags. but that says more about how expensive fags are
> LOL and don't get me on the cost of fuel!!! 94p a liter!! so 12 quid for a
> game must be good :)

at current exchange rate, I just spent about £6 for a *carton* of cigs. 10
packs. No DoD tho :) A half tank (10 gals) of petrol just cost me about
£16.
McG.

> --
>
> Regards Pendragon...
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.morrish
> www.tssclan.co.uk

"TSS. Pendragon" <pendragon@tssclan.co.uk> wrote
> don't get me on the cost of fuel!!! 94p a liter!!

Almost 70p of that is tax.
-:-(-
David
davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com

Cyde Weys wrote:
> So I'm one of the 'foolish' ones who bought the game in stores rather
> than online. Now I'm being punished for that by having to pay $20
> extra just to be able to play Day of Defeat. I wouldn't mind if they
> had told me this upfront, but there was no indication whatsoever that
> by buying the boxed version I was raping myself. What the hell, Valve?

Do you mean DoD source or the original?

--
And it really doesn't matter if
I'm wrong I'm right

Lennon & McCartney

Freedom55 wrote:
> Cyde Weys wrote:
> > So I'm one of the 'foolish' ones who bought the game in stores rather
> > than online. Now I'm being punished for that by having to pay $20
> > extra just to be able to play Day of Defeat. I wouldn't mind if they
> > had told me this upfront, but there was no indication whatsoever that
> > by buying the boxed version I was raping myself. What the hell, Valve?
> >
> Do you mean DoD source or the original?

Errr, sorry, I meant Source.