Minolta DiMAGE A200 vs Panasonic DMC-FZ20

Tellme

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Please help. I am totally confused. I don't want to go over the top as
I am not a photographer. I just wish to take good clear, fast pics of
my birds and family.

I need a fast burst speed in order to catch the bird either in flight
or doing something unique.

I normally shoot in the house so it will be low light needing auto
flash. I need the zoom in order to capture the bird close without
getting up close and having him stop what he/she is doing and peering
at the camera.

I have had many good comments on both cameras but still do not know
which would be the one for my purpose. I need a new camera ASAP and
have been holding off as I don't want to be sorry that I got the
cheaper one 6 months from now.

Thanks for any input you may have.

Tellme

>I have had many good comments on both cameras

Exactly. You have had a LOT of advice, and you just repost the same
question???

If you are serious about fast AF, go DSLR. If you are serious about
low-light performance, go DSLR. If I had to choose from the two you
have narrowed it down to, probably the Panasonic would get the nod on
the basis of its reviews and extra telephoto.

www.dpreview.com has a timings page on each camera so you can compare
the AF times - I think www.imaging-resource.com has the same info.
There are plenty of samples of images at those same sites, along with
info on low-light performance.

Frankly, it is going to be more up to your technique, and the more time
you take to choose, the less time you have to practice and shoot.. I'm
pretty sure you have heard all this before...........