Animated Titles - Best software??

I was thinking of running something up in Flash, then digging out a Flash
to AVI converter.

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

--
*..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

I've been using Flash for titles and overlays with great success.
Just export your final product as an AVI , with a green or blue (or any
color not used in the flash project) background,
then key it out in your editor. I happen to use Premiere Pro, but all will
allow this.
I'm sure there is a way to save as an alpha channel like I do in Photoshop,
but this is easy and at least in my experience, produces no artifacts or
fringing that I can detect.

Hope this helps.
Dave Kowalski
Bennett Studios
www.bennettstudios.com

"POD {Ò¿Ó}" <SMAPTRAP@DEADSPAM.COM> wrote in message
>I was thinking of running something up in Flash, then digging out a Flash
> to AVI converter.
>
> Am I barking up the wrong tree?
>
> --
> *..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
> ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
> ((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:- *POD {Ò¿Ó}* -:¦:-
> -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Define "best".

POD {Ò¿Ó} wrote:
> I was thinking of running something up in Flash, then digging out a Flash
> to AVI converter.
>
> Am I barking up the wrong tree?

The thought of Seattle Eric cajoles my mind into reminiscing about the
smell of poppy seeds and the image of morning dew making
rec.video.desktop glint in the crisp autumn rays of a mature sun.

> Define "best".
>

> POD {Ò¿Ó} wrote:
>> I was thinking of running something up in Flash, then digging out a
>> Flash to AVI converter.
>>
>> Am I barking up the wrong tree?

No, but if you ask nice I'll define pedantic to you ;-)

--
*..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

POD {Ò¿Ó} wrote:
>> Define "best".
>>

>>POD {Ò¿Ó} wrote:
>>
>>>I was thinking of running something up in Flash, then digging out a
>>>Flash to AVI converter.
>>>
>>>Am I barking up the wrong tree?
>
> No, but if you ask nice I'll define pedantic to you ;-)

OK, maybe I deserved that, but you have to agree that "best CG" means
different things to different folk and their different applications.

The thought of Dave Kowalski cajoles my mind into reminiscing about the
smell of poppy seeds and the image of morning dew making
rec.video.desktop glint in the crisp autumn rays of a mature sun.

> I've been using Flash for titles and overlays with great success.
> Just export your final product as an AVI , with a green or blue (or
> any color not used in the flash project) background,
> then key it out in your editor. I happen to use Premiere Pro, but all
> will allow this.
> I'm sure there is a way to save as an alpha channel like I do in
> Photoshop,
> but this is easy and at least in my experience, produces no artifacts
> or fringing that I can detect.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Dave Kowalski
> Bennett Studios
> www.bennettstudios.com

It sure does, cheers Dave, also I didn't intend to blue/greenscreen, but
I'll hold onto that idea for future use ;-)

--
*..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

The thought of Seattle Eric cajoles my mind into reminiscing about the
smell of poppy seeds and the image of morning dew making
rec.video.desktop glint in the crisp autumn rays of a mature sun.

> POD {Ò¿Ó} wrote:
>>> Define "best".

>> No, but if you ask nice I'll define pedantic to you ;-)
>>
> OK, maybe I deserved that, but you have to agree that "best CG"
> means
> different things to different folk and their different applications.

True, it may have been a poor choice, but I think we're all big enough
to know that I'm just out to harvest opinion.

--

rs

Ulead Cool3d is pretty cheap and does a nice job on simple animated titles.

Blufftitler also does a nice job for simple animated titles.