Automated remote eventlog retrieval

Hi

Just wondering if its possible to automate eventlog retrieval. I require the
event logs from PCs and retrieving them manually in my view is really my
time wasted.

regards
Scott

_Scott_ wrote:
> Just wondering if its possible to automate eventlog retrieval. I
> require the event logs from PCs and retrieving them manually in my
> view is really my time wasted.

You could script it, schedule task it, purchase a third party application
like EventSentry to monitor and email on certain "thresholds", etc. There
are many freeware options to export the log to a file, many freeware options
to email attachments and the likes to anyone, all scriptable and fairly easy
to use for an admin.

I have found, however, that an event monitoring application that works on
thresholds to be one of the best tools to eliminate the need for manual
event log traversal.

--
<- Shenan ->