Automated remote eventlog retrieval

Hi

Just wondering if its possible to automate eventlog retrieval. I require the
event logs from PCs and retrieving them manually in my view is really my
time wasted.

regards
Scott
1 answer Last reply
More about automated remote eventlog retrieval

    _Scott_ wrote:
    > Just wondering if its possible to automate eventlog retrieval. I
    > require the event logs from PCs and retrieving them manually in my
    > view is really my time wasted.

    You could script it, schedule task it, purchase a third party application
    like EventSentry to monitor and email on certain "thresholds", etc. There
    are many freeware options to export the log to a file, many freeware options
    to email attachments and the likes to anyone, all scriptable and fairly easy
    to use for an admin.

    I have found, however, that an event monitoring application that works on
    thresholds to be one of the best tools to eliminate the need for manual
    event log traversal.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

PCS Scott Microsoft Windows XP