Does a DV camcorder suffer from the same sync problems that computer
cards that convert analog audio and video to digital suffer from? If
not, why can I not use a DV camcorder for a converter?

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 20:25:37 GMT, mcp6453 <mcp6453@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>Does a DV camcorder suffer from the same sync problems that computer
>cards that convert analog audio and video to digital suffer from? If
>not, why can I not use a DV camcorder for a converter?

You can use some DV camcorders to convert analogue audio and video to
DV: they need to have analogue inputs.

Sync problems can be caused by different clock signals for audio and
video, which can happen when different cards are used for audio and
video. Many capture cards capture audio and video and do not suffer
from sync problems.