Remote desktop Connection Error

I Installed Service Pack 1a Network one.
But still the Error is comming it sais.. "Connection was ended becuase of network error. please contact your system administratot."
I am pretty sure that i have done everything correctly i added 2 users. i have enabled Remote desktop connection too..
My computer is Toshiba Satellite 2400 Win Xp pro.
i had Win XP pro in another comoputer not Notebook.. Rempte desktop Sharing is working on that and i connected from my notebook to that.. Eberything Worked Fine.
Please help ME!!
Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop connection error

    Ruben, Do you have a firewall, either Windows XP firewall enabled or another third party firewall or router. you may have to open PORT 3389 to allow Remote Desktop to work.

    "Ruben" wrote:

    > I Installed Service Pack 1a Network one.
    > But still the Error is comming it sais.. "Connection was ended becuase of network error. please contact your system administratot."
    > I am pretty sure that i have done everything correctly i added 2 users. i have enabled Remote desktop connection too..
    > My computer is Toshiba Satellite 2400 Win Xp pro.
    > i had Win XP pro in another comoputer not Notebook.. Rempte desktop Sharing is working on that and i connected from my notebook to that.. Eberything Worked Fine.
    > Please help ME!!
    > Thanks

    If u can tell me how can i open the ports??? i am using Windows Xp's Firlewall
    Thanks

    "Clarkeee" wrote:

    > Ruben, Do you have a firewall, either Windows XP firewall enabled or another third party firewall or router. you may have to open PORT 3389 to allow Remote Desktop to work.
    >
    > "Ruben" wrote:
    >
    > > I Installed Service Pack 1a Network one.
    > > But still the Error is comming it sais.. "Connection was ended becuase of network error. please contact your system administratot."
    > > I am pretty sure that i have done everything correctly i added 2 users. i have enabled Remote desktop connection too..
    > > My computer is Toshiba Satellite 2400 Win Xp pro.
    > > i had Win XP pro in another comoputer not Notebook.. Rempte desktop Sharing is working on that and i connected from my notebook to that.. Eberything Worked Fine.
    > > Please help ME!!
    > > Thanks

Remote Desktop Connection Windows XP