DVD for Europe - PAL or NTSC format?

I want to send home videos on DVD to friends in Europe.

Do I have to record to DVD in PAL format or can European stand alone DVD
players read NTSC formats? I know that they can play NTCS formatted DVD on
their PC's but I am not sure about the stand alone DVD Players.

When I send VHS tapes to Europe they are in PAL format.

Your advice/information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Don

Most DVD-player in Germany can play also NTSC-DVD's.
Some DVD-player output NTSC as PAL 60 than.

The problem will be the TV. If this a old one, it could be possible the TV
support only PAL/SECAM.
New TV's are multistandard and support also NTSC and PAL60.

Greetings from near Berlin
Maik
Webmaster
www.mirosupport.de